NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial and residential LCD and plasma displays and projectors, announced today a new family of commercial-grade digital signage displays with a new mechanical design, comprehensive input panels and robust functionality - for organizations that are deploying large-screen panels on a modest budget.
The MultiSync 15 Series addresses the needs of multiple markets and applications with commercial-level features and functions, including panels with protection against permanent image retention, and advanced thermal technology to prevent overheating, designed for continuous operation in demanding environments.
MultiSync 15 Series displays can be seen for the first time at the NEC Display Solutions Summit 2008 (www.necdisplay.com/summit) on August 26-27 at the Westin Hotel in Itasca, Ill., adjacent to NEC’s headquarters. NEC’s annual digital signage forum is one of the industry’s premiere networking events, assembling technology and Fortune 1000 leaders for presentations and workshops on current trends and strategies, as well as a tradeshow exhibition of the latest digital signage technologies.
Among those technologies are the 32-inch MultiSync LCD3215 and 42-inch LCD4215 displays, for use as digital signage in retail and restaurant markets, as well as indoor venues, training facilities, corporate boardrooms and others.
The displays come with 1366 x 768 resolution, 500 cd/m² brightness and 800:1 contrast ratio. They also include DVI with HDCP, advanced multi-level thermal control with high temperature protection and up to 4x4 TileMatrix capabilities. The public display-grade panels provide added long-term reliability and are touch- and protective-panel-ready.
“The MultiSync 15 Series is a commercial-grade solution designed for organizations that want a more affordable system than higher-end NEC digital signage displays such as the MultiSync 20 Series but still desire NEC’s commercial features and functions,” said Jean McLaughlin, Sr. Product Line Manager at NEC Display Solutions. “We have achieved a competitive price point closer to a consumer-grade product but with all the critical design elements required for a successful digital signage implementation.”
MultiSync 15 Series displays include the following features:
- 1366 x 768 (WXGA) native resolution
- 800:1 contrast ratio
- 500 cd/m2 brightness
- Public display-grade panel, which offers additional protection against image retention
- Advanced thermal fan-based technology, which provides added security with overheating protection
- Landscape and portrait orientation
- Scheduler with round-the-clock feature, which allows for 7-day scheduling of content and powering of the display
- Up to 4x4 TileMatrix capability
- NaviSet™, which offers easy adjustment of display settings (Administrator version offers remote advanced control and diagnostics capabilities)
- Comprehensive input panel including DVI with HDCP, 15-pin D-sub, component video, composite video and S-video
- Monitor control through RS-232 serial control
- Protective glass- and touch panel-ready
MultiSync 15 Series displays come with a three-year limited parts and labor warranty. The LCD3215 display will be available for September 2008 shipment at an estimated street price of $1,199, and the LCD4215 will be available for October 2008 shipment at an estimated street price of $1,699.