Innovations in optical fiber technology are revolutionizing world communications.
Newly developed fiber amplifiers allow for direct transmission of high-speed
signals over transcontinental distances without the need for electronic regeneration.
Optical fibers find new applications in data processing. The impact of fiber
materials, devices, and systems on communications in the coming decades will
create an abundance of primary literature and the need for up-to-date reviews.
Optical Fiber Technology: Materials, Devices, and Systems is a new cutting-edge
journal designed to fill a need in this rapidly evolving field for speedy publication
of regular length papers. Both theoretical and experimental papers on fiber
materials, devices, and system performance evaluation and measurements are eligible,
with emphasis on practical applications.
Issues and Applications Covered Include:
- Optical fiber components
- New fiber materials and designs
- Fiber lasers and amplifiers
- Fiber switching, memory, and signal processing
- Modulation format for transmission systems
- Fiber nonlinearities and countermeasures
- Long-haul transmission systems
- Fiber local area networks
- Fiber sensors and instrumentation