Passive Optical Networks
Passive optical network (PON) technologies have become an important broadband access technology as a result of the growing demand for bandwidth-hungry video-on-demand applications. Written by the leading researchers and industry experts in the field, this book provides coherent coverage of networking technologies, fiber optic transmission technologies, as well as the electronics involved in PON system development.
- An in-depth overview of PON technologies and the potential applications that they enable
- Comprehensive review of all major PON standards and architecture evolutions, as well as their pros and cons
- Balanced coverage of recent research findings with economic and engineering considerations
- Presents system issues of protocols, performance, management and protection
- Extensive references to standards and research materials for further studies
This book provides an authoritative overview of PON technologies and system requirements and is ideal for engineers and managers in industry, university researchers, and graduate students.
Click here for further information
While we only use edited and approved content for Azthena
answers, it may on occasions provide incorrect responses.
Please confirm any data provided with the related suppliers or
authors. We do not provide medical advice, if you search for
medical information you must always consult a medical
professional before acting on any information provided.
Your questions, but not your email details will be shared with
OpenAI and retained for 30 days in accordance with their
Please do not ask questions that use sensitive or confidential
Read the full Terms & Conditions.