Pinnacle Security, a leader in the North American residential security market, today announced it will offer an innovative new touch screen developed by GE Security, Inc. with input from Pinnacle. The new product’s sleek design and expanded functionality represent a significant step forward in providing consumers with the latest technology at a reasonable price level.
More compact and easier to use than traditional security keypads, the touch screen includes exciting features offering significant value to consumers. Of these features, consumers can set up automation schedules through a web portal, arm and disarm the security system, and adjust the thermostat from the touch screen. Thus, with no extra effort, consumers may realize a reduction in utility bills by securing their homes.
“It was apparent that previous security keypads needed a twenty-first century face lift both cosmetically and, more importantly, in functionality,” said Kelly Walker, President, Pinnacle Security. “We are excited to be the first to market GE Security’s touch screen and offer a product that will no doubt provide additional value to our customers.”
Pinnacle has been a long-time partner of GE Security and is excited to see GE’s continued commitment and support in delivering products that consumers want. Pinnacle supplied GE engineers with detailed product requirements, a process known within GE as “Voice of Customer”, to assist in the manufacture of the new touch screens.
“Pinnacle’s requirements included a concept that could sync with mobile devices and asked us to engineer and manufacture state-of-the-art control,” said David Nark, Product Marketing Manager, GE Security. “We are excited about the new touch panel and are pleased to work with a security company as focused on innovation as Pinnacle. When we saw their product requirements and merged them with our own, we were confident that the result would be the next big thing in our industry, bridging both home security and automation together seamlessly.”
“Pinnacle is very excited to work with partners like GE Security and Alarm.com who are committed to providing increased customer value in the products they deliver,” said Christopher B. Munday, Chairman and CEO, Pinnacle Security. “In 2010, we look forward to the continued execution of our mission to help individuals protect the things that matter most.”
The panel also incorporates features supplied by Alarm.com, a security industry leader in interactive and wireless services, providing consumers anywhere/anytime access to their security system through the Internet and mobile devices. Some of the highlights of the new product include:
- Intuitive interface and icons: customers can easily navigate the security and home automation features
- Message marquee: provides Pinnacle with an effective way to communicate key product and service messages to its customers
- One-click customer service access: allows customers to find quick solutions to questions and issues
- Weather report: provides quick access to weather forecasts as customers prepare to leave for the day
- Thermostat control: gives customers the option to automatically change thermostat settings as they arm/disarm their security system in order to reduce utility costs and positively impact the environment
- Remote monitoring: text message or email notifications from a home regarding power outages, floods, fires, unlocked doors, windows or intruder entries