Avago Technologies, a leading supplier of analog interface components for communications, industrial and consumer applications, today announced the addition of new brighter cool white and warm white colors to its series of super half-watt (0.5W) power PLCC-4 surface-mount (SMT) light emitting diodes (LEDs) for use in automotive and electronic sign applications. Avago's ASMT-QxBB LED series feature the industry's smallest package size, a wide 120-degree viewing angle, and have been optimized for long operating life under severe environmental conditions. The addition of these new LEDs will enable Avago to offer a full range of colors to its existing 0.5W PLCC-4 LED customers.
Avago's ASMT-QxBB Power LED series of high-brightness LEDs are designed to dissipate heat more efficiently to provide superior thermal management and consistent light output. The 0.5-W cool white (ASMT-QWBB), warm white (ASMT-QYBB) series of SMT LEDs can be used for backlighting dashboards, dome and map lighting, puddle lamps, rear reverse lamp indicator lighting and license plate illumination in automotive applications. The ASMT-QxBB series can also be used for decorative lighting, channel lettering in ESS applications, and for backlighting instrument panels and displays in industrial equipment, office automation and home appliance applications. Moreover, the high brightness output per LED and small package footprint (3.2 L by 2.8 W by 1.9 H mm) of Avago's 0.5-W Power LED series provide lighting designers with greater flexibility in designing the size, shape and appearance of lighting assemblies.
- High reliability package due to enhanced silicone resin material
- Mid-Power intensity brightness with optimum flux performance using InGaN chip technology
- High optical efficiency: cool white (48 lm/W) and warm white (43 lm/W)
- High junction temperature of 125 degrees C
- Low thermal resistance: 60 degrees C/W junction to pin
- Available in 8 mm carrier tape and 7-inch diameter reels for automated assembly
- Operating temperature range: –40 degrees C to +110 degrees C
- Moisture sensitivity: JEDEC MSL 2
- Pb-Free and RoHS compliant