Coriant, a global supplier of SDN-enabled end-to-end transport networking solutions, today announced that it will showcase the latest advances in its comprehensive portfolio of Packet Optical Transport Solutions at OFC 2015 in Los Angeles from March 24-26.
From the packet-optimized metro edge to the high-performance LH/ULH optical core, Coriant will demonstrate a broad range of innovative features and capabilities that enable network operators to power a new generation of services and applications, including Data Center Interconnect (DCI), Network as a Service (NaaS), and high-capacity bandwidth-on-demand. Coriant innovations on display at OFC 2015 reinforce the company’s proven ability to help our customers simplify operations, reduce space and power costs, and create more efficient and scalable transport networks.
Solution highlights at the Coriant OFC Exhibit Booth (#525) will include:
- mTera™ Universal Transport Platform: Selected by leading network operators for deployment in converged transport networks, the Coriant® mTera™ Universal Transport Platform (UTP) showcase at OFC will highlight recently introduced Carrier Ethernet and MPLS-TP packet transport capabilities, ASON/GMPLS control plane enhancements, and ultra-high density system features that deliver industry-leading power efficiencies and unmatched flexibility for managing a diverse mix of network traffic.
- Photonic Layer Innovation Showcase: With the Coriant® hiT 7300 Multi-Haul Transport Platform as its centerpiece, the Coriant Photonic Layer Innovation Showcase at OFC will feature the latest advances in efficient spectrum management technologies (e.g., flexi-grid and super-channels) that are paving the way for future-proof scalability beyond 100G. This innovation showcase will also highlight the latest in the company’s award winning research in Spatial Division Multiplexing and ability to transmit more than 70 terabits of capacity over a single strand of hollow core fiber.
- Metro Packet Optical Enhancements: With the recent introduction of the Coriant® 7100 Pico™ Packet Optical Transport Platform, Coriant continues to advance the features and capabilities of its industry-leading 7100 product family. At OFC, Coriant will showcase enhancements to this product family, including the newly released single-slot multi-degree ROADM (OADM88-8DS) and high-density packet switching module (PSM-1S). With the OADM88-8DS, Coriant provides a complete ROADM degree with all of the necessary components packaged into a single-slot module that provides the highest density 8-degree ROADM solution in the industry. The PSM-1S dramatically increases the density and capacity of the platform’s packet switching capabilities and introduces support for MPLS-TP as well as Carrier Ethernet to MPLS-TP interworking on the 7100 platform. This solution provides enhanced scalability, reliability, and interoperability in end-to-end, packet-based service networks.
- High-Performance Optical Switching: Coriant expands the breadth of its network infrastructure solutions with the introduction of the Coriant® 5810 Optical Switching Platform (OSP), a high density and protocol-agnostic all-optical switching platform designed to meet the growing demand for network programmability and agile bandwidth driven by video, Internet data, and cloud computing. The 5810 OSP delivers high capacity switching in a power-efficient small form factor, and addresses a range of applications including data center connectivity, optical transport CO automation, CRAN, and subsea landing stations.
- Simplified End-to-End Service Management: Leveraging dynamic network control via the Coriant Transcend™ SDN Solution and Coriant® Transport Network Management System (TNMS) service management, Coriant will showcase advanced transport applications and services, including NaaS, multi-tenant connectivity, flexible SLA-aware service restoration, and Smart Routing-based mobile backhaul. Coriant TNMS enables end-to-end provisioning of diverse services and traffic (e.g., OTN, Carrier Ethernet, and MPLS-TP) across transport networks comprised of Coriant edge-to-core packet optical solutions, including the mTera™ UTP, the hiT 7300, the Coriant® 7100 Nano™ Packet Optical Transport Platform, the 7100 Pico, and the Coriant® 7090 Packet Transport Platform.
- Transport Layer Security Enhancements: As trends in cloud computing drive increased demand for secure connectivity between geographically distributed data centers, enhanced encryption at the transport layer is playing an increasingly vital role in network design and implementation. At OFC, Coriant will introduce the Coriant® 7610 Service Edge Platform, an advanced, all-in-one transport encryption solution designed for DWDM applications that require high throughput, transparent and low latency data and storage connectivity.
Coriant Thought Leadership
Coriant subject matter experts will address a range of technology trends and topics during OFC conference sessions, including:
- How to Realize SDN in Transport Networks
- Bill Kautz, Director of Strategic Solutions Marketing
- Tuesday, March 24, 2015, 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. (PDT)
- New Business Generation with SDN-Based Architectures
- Bernd Prüssing, Head of SDN Business Development
- Tuesday, March 24, 2015, 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. (PDT)
- Driving Down Footprint and Power Consumption for High Speed Optical Interfaces
- Stefan Voll, Vice President of Product Management
- Tuesday, March 24, 2015, 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. (PDT)
- Flexi-Grid Super-Channels and Flexi-Rate/Multi-Modulation Format Transponders
- Željko Bulut, Head of Product Line Management, Americas
- Thursday, March 26, 2015, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (PDT)
For a complete list of Coriant panels, technical presentations and short courses at OFC 2015, please visit the OFC website.
Members of the Coriant executive team will be available at OFC 2015 for one-on-one interviews covering a broad range of technology and business topics. To arrange a press or analyst briefing with a Coriant spokesperson, please contact Scott Larson at [email protected].