Avago Technologies, a leading supplier of analog interface components for wireless, wireline, and industrial applications, today announced a new family of 14.2mm optocoupler devices, the ACNT-Hxxx, designed for high voltage applications.
The ACNT-Hxxx family consists of three major product series: the ACNT-H3xx, high efficiency gate drive optocouplers for driving IGBTs; the ACNT-H6xL, low power 10MBd digital optocouplers for system control and data communications; and the ACNT-H79x, high linearity isolation amplifiers for current and voltage sensing applications.
ACNT-Hxxx Highlighted Features and Benefits
- Safety Approvals for CSA, UL and IEC
- IEC/EN/DIN EN 60747-5-5: VIORM = 2,262 Vpeak
- UL1577: VISO = 7,500 Vrms
- Robust, reliable and fail safe reinforced insulation
- 14.2mm Creepage and Clearance
- Industry's highest insulation voltage in compact 14.2mm SSO-8 package
- Meets stringent system and equipment regulatory requirements
- High Gate Driving Current and Noise Immunity (ACNT-H3xx)
- Minimum 2A output current for driving IGBT
- Minimum 40kV/µs CMR at VCM = 1.5 kV minimizing erroneous signals in driving IGBT in noisy environment
- Low Power Consumption (ACNT-H6xL)
- Less than 20 mW
- Industry's lowest power 10MBd optocoupler in compact 14.2mm SSO-8 package
- Excellent Linearity and Gain Accuracy (ACNT-H79x)
- Advanced sigma-delta A/D modulation technology with full differential isolation
- 0.05% linearity and -50ppm/°C gain drift for enhanced accuracy
"High-voltage power systems today require chip-level components to support well insulated and noise-immune large signals to minimize copper wiring costs while maintaining optimal power efficiency," said Kheng-Jam Lee, marketing director of Avago's Isolation Products Division. "Avago has stepped up to the challenge with the introduction of a new 14.2mm optocoupler family. With the industry's highest insulation voltage in compact SSO-8 footprint, the ACNT-Hxxx is the most complete and cost-effective set of high-voltage optocoupler solutions on the market today addressing a wide range of high power industrial applications including inverters, motor drives and power supplies."