Energizer is helping home owners see the dark in a new light by launching the Energizer(R) Light on Demand(TM) line. The first-of-its-kind home lighting product line provides continual lighting by brightening homes on a day-to-day basis, but also stays on when the power goes out.
The line is made up of seven different products, each of which uses a unique light stick that is battery operated and can stay on when normal electricity goes out. Energizer (R) Light on Demand(TM) products are easy to install, energy-efficient and affordable, offering a variety of home lighting solutions for any room in the house.
The Energizer (R) Light on Demand(TM) line was developed based on consumer research, which found a growing demand for products that work everyday, as well as in an emergency, such as when standard electricity goes out. Through research, Energizer also found that millions of people suffer from power outages each year, which creates a lot of frustration and lighting concerns for homeowners. This new home lighting line satisfies consumers' needs by providing a solution to ensure home owners won't be left in the dark during the next power outage.
"Nearly 16 million people(1) struggled with power outages last year according to the Emergency Information Administration," said Miles Faust, general manager, Lighting Products, Energizer. "Our research indicates consumers want more from their lighting products. The Energizer (R) Light on Demand(TM) line will help people feel safer when the power goes out and removes the need to search blindly for a flashlight or matches to light candles.
How Energizer(R) Light on Demand(TM) Works:
Energizer(R) Light on Demand(TM) is a first-of-its-kind home and emergency lighting product line which provides light for everyday home use and also doubles as emergency lighting during power outages. At the heart of each Energizer(R) Light on Demand(TM) product is a removable light stick, which is equipped with internal, rechargeable batteries. The lights can function in their specific product, but also are detachable and can serve as an area light and/or flashlight when the power goes out, providing continual, emergency lighting.
Many of the products in the line plug into the wall for day-to-day use and will automatically default to backup battery operation when standard power goes out. The few that do not plug into a wall come with a charging base where the light stick can be charged. In the event of a prolonged outage, regular alkaline batteries can be used in any of the light sticks.
The line also features energy-efficient LED technology, which is over five times more efficient than regular incandescent bulbs at one third the energy cost. In fact, most Energizer(R) Light on Demand(TM) products received Energy Star approval meaning it meets strict energy efficiency criteria set by the US Environmental Protection Agency and the US Department of Energy. The products' LED lights are safe and cool to the touch, virtually unbreakable and never need replacing.
Available nationwide, the Energizer(R) Light on Demand(TM) home lighting line features products meeting the following needs -- Everyday Lighting, Cordless Lighting and Emergency Lighting. Current offerings include:
Ideal for various locations in the house, the everyday lighting series offers versatile lighting with backup rechargeable batteries that default when the power goes out. Each light also features a "Find Me" light that turns on instantly when the power goes out for easy accessibility.
- Desk Light: A contemporary lighting option ideal for any room in the house, the Desk Light is a lamp, rechargeable light stick and emergency light in one. It offers a clean, bright light for work or reading and plugs directly into an outlet for standard power. The area light can last up to 20 hours in emergency situations and works well in office spaces, workspaces and bedrooms.
- Tabletop Nightlight: Sleek in appearance, the Tabletop Nightlight has an auto light that comes on when it gets dark. The light stick can be removed from the stand to double as an area light or flashlight. Ideal in many rooms such as kids' and family rooms, as well as hallways and bathrooms.
- Wallplate Nightlight: The Wallplate Nightlight plugs directly in the wall and features a plug-in, rechargeable light stick, as well as two open outlets that remain functional while the light is in use. The Wallplate Nightlight automatically turns on when the room darkens. The light stick can be removed from the base to double as an area light or flashlight. The Wallplate Nightlight functions in many types of rooms throughout the house, such as hallways, entry rooms and kitchens.
The cordless lighting products are easy to mount and require absolutely no wiring or the service of an electrician. Both products come with a removable light stick that can be used as a portable light should the power go out.
- Motion Light: Designed for both indoor and outdoor use, the motion light remains off in bright areas, and turns on when it detects movement up to 16 feet away when little to no light is available. The Motion Light comes with one light stick that is inserted into the light for operation and a recharging base for when the battery runs low. Easy to install, the motion light is ideal for entryways, stairways, closets, attics and many other areas of the home, and can double as a flashlight that lasts up to five hours in emergency situations.
- Wall Sconce: Designed for intermittent use and perfect for accent lighting in hallways, entryways or many other areas of the house, the Wall Sconce mounts easily with no wiring or the service of an electrician required. The product features one rechargeable light stick, which is inserted into the product's base to operate the light. It can be recharged on a dock that plugs into an electrical outlet. In the event of an emergency, the light stick may be removed for portable lighting lasting up to 10 hours before needing to be recharged. The sconce is available in two finishes: brushed nickel and polished brass.
Providing added peace of mind in the event of a power outage, the emergency lighting products combine functionality with versatility. Each product is equipped with backup rechargeable batteries that default when the power goes out. In addition, each light features a "Find Me" light that turns on instantly when the power goes out for easy accessibility.
- Twin Light Center: Easy to mount on a wall, under a cabinet or place on a countertop, the Twin Light Center is a versatile home lighting system combining two detachable lights and a permanent nightlight on the base. One of the detachable lights can function as an area light or flashlight and the other serves as an area light. The light center plugs into the wall for everyday use and defaults to rechargeable batteries in the instance standard electricity is cut off. During power outages, a "Find Me" light turns on instantly to help locate the light center.
- All-in-One Light Center: Combining functionality with versatility, the All-in-One Light center features four detachable area lights with one charging base. The lights can function as area lights, flashlights and nightlights. The light center plugs into the wall for everyday use and defaults to rechargeable batteries in the instance standard electricity is cut off. During power outages, a "Find Me" light turns on instantly to help locate the light center. Three of the Energizer(R) Light on Demand(TM) sticks can be removed to function as portable area lights and the fourth stick can function as an area light or a flashlight. The center offers two light settings -- high and low.