Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leading provider of advanced digital office systems and solutions, will showcase its high-speed scanning devices at the 54th ARMA International Conference and Expo in Orlando.
Also at this year’s show, Canon will offer a sneak preview of its newest imageFORMULA models - the imageFORMULA P-150 Personal Scanner and imageFORMULA DR-2020U Universal Workgroup Scanner.
“As a recognized leader in scanning and image capture technologies, Canon is committed to providing advanced solutions to meet the needs of customers in all working environments,” said Jim Rosetta, vice president and general manager, Imaging Systems Group, Canon U.S.A. “Maintaining precise, accurate and organized records is an essential business practice that all companies must implement, and throughout this show, Canon will show how its leading technologies can help streamline the record-management process.”
Helping to address the ever-evolving and growing needs of managing information, files and records in the workplace, Canon will exhibit how its leading and award-winning image capture devices will assist organizations in developing and implementing a more streamlined, efficient method for records management. Products on display at the show include:
- imageFORMULA P-150 Personal Scanner: Launching later this year, the P-150’s compact size and simple use liberates document capture by taking it beyond the walls of the office to the convenience of any user location. Its innovative design and outstanding value make it ideal for use by “road warriors” and office users for general-purpose distributed scanning applications to improve personal efficiency and productivity. Measuring at only 11 inches long, 3.7 inches wide and 1.6 inches high and weighing just over two pounds, the Canon P-150 redefines the minimum dimensions of a document scanner with automatic document feeder. The P-150 can scan a batch of up to 20 letter-sized documents at up to 15 pages-per-minute (ppm) and 30 images-per-minuteI (ipm), yet still fits easily into a briefcase.
- imageFORMULA DR-2020U Universal Workgroup Scanner: The DR-2020U, which will be introduced later this year, enhances office productivity with reliable, versatile three-way scanning – Automatic Document Feeder (ADF), flatbed, and dedicated business card scanning – and rapid, one-pass duplex scanning. This scanner’s simple, user-friendly design and bundled software package make it indispensable to any office environment. It is capable of reliable batch scanning letter-sized documents at rapid speeds of up to 20 ppm / 40 ipmII.
- imageFORMULA DR-6010C Departmental Scanner: Compactly designed and reliable, the Canon DR-6010C provides high-speed document scanning in both centralized and decentralized scanning applications. It provides fast color scanning up to 60 ppm / 120II ipm. It also features Advanced Text Enhancement technology that allows the device to capture text from scanned documents by removing patterned backgrounds, and by enhancing light-colored texts.
- imageFORMULA DR-7550C Production Scanner: A high-volume, high image-quality document management solution, the DR-7550C can scan at speeds up to 90 ppm/180 ipmIII in color, grayscale and black and white. The DR-7550C captures images and text with clarity using three-line Contact Image Sensors at up to 600 dots-per-inch optical resolution, and incorporates a dust-free shading mechanism for exceptional image quality. Developed with Canon’s unique feeding mechanism, the DR-7550C utilizes Ultrasonic Double Feed Detection, Rapid Recovery and Staple Detection to help ensure reliable document scanning.
- imageFORMULA DR-X10C Production Scanner: Fast, durable and reliable, the Canon DR-X10C is perfect for document archiving, records management, and other centralized or consolidated scanning applications. It provides high-speed color scanning up to 128 ppm / 256 ipmIV, and boasts a resolution of up to 600 dpi. DR-X10C also features Canon’s Three-Step Dust Prevention system- which helps remove and protect the scanning sensors from paper dust. It also captures a wide variety of documents, with a maximum document size of 22 x 34 inches.
- imageFORMULA ScanFront 220P Network Scanner: The Canon ScanFront 220P offers an easy-to-use, stand-alone, and secure solution for moving capture of hard-copy documents closer to the point of origin within the business process. It is ideal for decentralized or distributed scanning applications, and for easily sharing documents via a network. The ScanFront 220P features an 8.4-inch color touch panel that allows for easy navigation as well as a preview of scanned images. It can scan letter-sized documents at up to 25ppmII, and captures color, grayscale and black and white images in various file formats including high compression and searchable PDF, TIFF and JPEG.
Helping to expand the versatility and compatibility of its image capture devices, Canon will have two solution software vendors, FileBound and I.R.I.S. Professional Solutions on display in its booth. FileBound will be showing its Filebound AP software, which streamlines accounts payable processes, running in conjunction with a customized Canon ScanFront 220P Network Scanner. I.R.I.S. will be showing its IRISPowerscan production scanning and OCR solution, running with a Canon DR-X10C Production Scanner.