DALSA Corporation (TSX: DSA), a global leader in machine vision technology, today introduced a new member to its line of affordable and easy-to-use GigE Vision-compliant cameras with the release of the Genie™ HM1400-XDR camera, a model with extended dynamic range (XDR). The Genie HM1400-XDR camera features a high quality, high sensitivity DALSA image sensor and is specifically designed for digital image capture in applications such as medical X-Ray and 3D laser profiling where light sensitivity is not a factor.
This new Genie camera offers unprecedented high speed image acquisition with uncompromised signal-to-noise ratio, significantly optimizing the opportunity for increased yield. The Genie HM1400-XDR camera captures image data at speeds of up to 64 fps in full resolution (1400x1024). Additional features include: global electronic shutter with exposure control and on-board flat-field correction to produce crisp and clear images. The GigE Vision camera acts as a single machine vision component -- integrating both advanced camera and board image acquisition technologies in one small package.
"This Genie HM1400-XDR camera is unique in the marketplace in that the sensor is optimized in terms of both speed and resolution, enabling it to use the entire GigE bandwidth," comments Manuel Romero, Genie Product Manager at DALSA.
Like all Genie cameras, the Genie HM1400-XDR is certified GigE Vision compliant, and is based on the AIA (Automated Imaging Association) GigE Vision Standard to directly link the camera to a PC. This new Genie camera takes full advantage of Gigabit Ethernet technology, transmitting data over standard CAT-5e and CAT-6 cables to distances of up to 100m allowing for a greater distance between the camera and inspection system. DALSA continues to lead the deployment of the GigE Vision standard in terms of adopting the technology into their product development efforts.
The Genie HM1400-XDR camera is supported by DALSA's Sapera™ Essential software and its Genie Framework package for fast and simple camera set-up -- from initial set-up to grabbing images in minutes. Moreover, the Genie Framework employs DALSA's advanced Trigger-to-Image Reliability engineering, significantly accelerating application development and deployment time by providing developers with a 360 degree view of the entire acquisition process.
Features and Benefits
- Shorter development time: Genie Framework software package contains advanced tools to enable faster application integration and set up;
- Trigger-to-image-reliability: Sapera LT allows monitoring of the behavior of various tasks such as: triggering, image capture and data transfer;
- Ruggedized RJ45 connector: DALSA is the first vendor to use this cable connector -- ideally suited for robotics applications;
- Optimized speed and resolution: This model captures image data at speeds of up to 64 fps in full resolution (1400x1024), features global electronic shutter with exposure control and on-board flat-field correction;
- 1000x Anti-blooming: resulting from DALSA's proprietary CMOS technology.