GigOptix, Inc., a leading supplier of advanced high speed semiconductor components for use in long-haul, metro, Cloud connectivity, data centers, consumer electronics links and interactive applications, through optical and wireless communications networks, today announced that it will be showcasing its 100Gbps networking leadership at the ECOC show in Cannes, France, September 22-26, 2014, with live demonstrations of its 4-channel 28Gbps VCSEL driver/TIA chipset together with MoSys, Inc. low power consumption Clock Data Recovery (CDR), and GigOptix’ linear quad driver inside BrPhotonics’ Thin Film Polymer on Silicon (TFPS™) DP-QPSK modulator-based integrated 100Gbps TOSA for CFP2 transceivers.
GigOptix and MoSys agreed to jointly market the 4-channel 28Gbps VCSEL driver/TIA chipset together with MoSys’ low power consumption CDR for 100Gbps datacom market. This partnership allows fast market penetration with the best combination of performance, cost, and form factor chipset currently existent in the market.
At ECOC booth #396, GigOptix, MoSys, and BrPhotonics, a joint venture between GigOptix and CPqD, will showcase the following products:
- GigOptix HXT6204: a 28Gbps 4-channel VCSEL driver designed for compact, low-power optical transmitter pluggable modules and Active Optical Cables (AOCs).
- GigOptix HXR6204: a 28Gbps 4-channel Trans-Impedance Amplifier (TIA) receiver array designed for high capacity datacom pluggable modules and AOCs
- MoSys MSH110: a 28Gbps 4-channel LineSpeed Low Power Retimer IC
- Fully bundled solution comprising MoSys’ LineSpeed Low Power Retimer (MSH110) IC and the GigOptix HXT/R6204 Laser Driver and TIA ICs
- BrPhotonics’ 100Gbps Integrated TOSA Reference Platform for CFP2 Transceivers: a 100Gbps DP-QPSK TOSA reference platform with GigOptix’ GX62472 linear driver and 100Gbps DP-QPSK polymer modulator chip, example coherent receiver, and biasing circuitry.
About the HXT/R6204 Live Demonstration
GigOptix and MoSys will demonstrate interoperability between the MoSys’ LineSpeed Low Power Retimer (MSH110) IC and the GigOptix HXT/R6204 Laser Driver and TIA ICs at GigOptix booth #396. The 100G demonstration will show the devices combined to deliver a complete loopback of 4 lanes of 25.78Gbps over more than 100m of multimode fiber. The performance between the devices was optimized to deliver error free performance with PRBS-31 traffic across the fiber and highlights the ability of the MoSys’ full duplex retimer and GigOptix’s Transimpedance Amplifier (TIA) and Laser Driver (LD) to form a solution for VCSEL based applications such as 100GBASE-SR4. The low power 700mW Retimer and laser driver and TIA devices support multiple module form factors including the stringent size and power envelope requirements of the QSFP28 MSA form factor. Future product combinations resulting via the partnership between GigOptix and MoSys will make further improvements in power and address additional optical applications.
About the BrPhotonics Live Demonstration
BrPhotonics will demonstrate a coherent optical link design for 100Gbps long-haul communication with a complete CFP2 TOSA and separate receive path circuitry. The integrated CFP2 TOSA and Reference Platform utilize a GigOptix GX62472 linear quad MZM driver, a BrPhotonics 100Gbps DP-QPSK (TFPS™) modulator, and an independent tunable laser. Discrete coherent receiver devices are located on the reference PCB as well as the GigOptix bias boards. The demonstration setup provides eye diagram display on a real-time sampling scope, and X and Y polarization observation via optical constellation analyzer.