Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide1, today announced its latest line of Ultra-Bright Pro Cinema projectors, the PowerLite® Pro Cinema G6900WU, PowerLite Pro Cinema G6550WU, and PowerLite Pro Cinema 4855WU.
Designed with custom installers in mind, Epson's latest Pro Cinema solutions offer a suite of advanced features for easy installation and ultra-bright performance with up to 6,000 lumens of color brightness (color light output) and 6,000 lumens of white brightness2 ideal for larger home theater installations in media rooms with a lot of ambient lighting.
"An increasing number of home installations are extending beyond the dedicated home theater room and into ambient light scenarios like a media room with large windows," said Jason Palmer, marketing manager, Epson America. "The new Pro Cinema series gives dealers and their customers a versatile line-up of projectors that offer expanded installation flexibility and performance. These projectors combine impressive image quality, 1080p resolution and incredible brightness to deliver bright, vivid images where light control is not an option."
The Pro Cinema G6900WU, G6550WU, and 4855WU offer premium video processing for smooth and sharp high-definition image quality delivering full HD 1080p 2D cinematic experiences at home. Featuring easy installation and exceptional image quality, these projectors are equipped with a center lens design with vertical and horizontal lens shift for flexible setup, Point and Arc image correction, and Faroudja DCDi® chipset to enhance video quality without deinterlacing. The Pro Cinema G6900WU and G6550WU are also equipped with features to enrich the video viewing experience, including frame interpolation to deliver sharper and smoother pictures during fast motion videos and C2Fine™ Technology for darker blacks. For added flexibility, the Pro Cinema G6900WU adds HDBaseT connectivity that integrates full HD video, audio, network and control commands into a single CAT 5/6 cable that can be extended up to 328 feet.
More about the PowerLite Pro Cinema Series
- The models offer advanced features and functionality for high-end home installation scenarios, including:
- 3x Brighter Colors with Epson: 3x Brighter Colors and reliable performance – 3LCD, 3-chip technology3
- Ultra-Bright Performance:
- PowerLite Pro Cinema G6900WU offers 6,000 lumens of color brightness and 6,000 lumens of white brightness2
- PowerLite Pro Cinema G6550WU offers 5,200 lumens of color brightness and 5,200 lumens of white brightness2
- PowerLite Pro Cinema 4855WU offers 4,000 lumens of color brightness and 4,000 lumens of white brightness2
- Advanced adjustment capabilities, including color uniformity and pixel alignment adjustments
- Lens shift lock to prevent natural lens shifting due to vibration and/or gravity
- Advanced split screen to watch two HD connections at once
- Additional lenses available to accommodate a range of installation needs
- Installation flexibility and customization with included ceiling mount, cable cover and extra lamp
Availability and Support
The Epson® PowerLite Pro Cinema G6900WU ($7,499), PowerLite Pro Cinema G6550WU ($5,999), and PowerLite Pro Cinema 4855WU ($3,799) solutions are now available through CEDIA and specialty dealers only. Each solution comes with Epson's three-year limited warranty and industry leading service and support, including toll-free access to Epson's PrivateLine® priority technical support, 90-day limited lamp warranty, and free two-business day exchange with Extra CareSM Home Service.
The new line of Epson Pro Cinema projectors will be on display and demoed at Epson's booth #2828 at CEDIA Expo 2013, Sept. 25 – 28.