Solar Energy Materials & Solar Cells is intended as a vehicle for the dissemination
of research results on materials science and technology related to photovoltaic,
photothermal and photoelectrochemical solar energy conversion. Materials science
is taken in the broadest possible sense and encompasses physics, chemistry,
optics, materials fabrication and analysis for all types of materials.
Of particular interest are:
- Solar Cells, covering single crystal, polycrystalline and amorphous materials
utilising homojunctions and heterojunctions, Schottky barriers, liquid junctions
and their applications. Also of interest is analysis of component materials,
individual cells and complete systems, including their economic aspects.
- Photothermal Devices, in the broadest sense, including solar absorber devices,
heat storage materials, radiative cooling systems and their applications.
- Photoelectrochemical and Photochemical Devices, covering photoelectrodes,
photocatalysis, photoconversion and solar desalination systems and their applications.
- Optical Properties of materials, including light trapping, texturising,
solar concentrators which include imaging and non-imaging optical collectors.
- Light Control, including systems for energy efficient architecture and
daylighting, chromogenics and smart windows.
The pertinent issues are comprehensive and encompass bulk materials, coatings
and thin films and surface treatments, from basic as well as from applications-oriented
and manufacturing related perspectives.