The Knowledge Foundation today released a Program update for the 14th Biodetection Technologies conference which will be held at the Marriott Inner Harbor in Baltimore, MD from June 25-26, 2009.
Biodetection Technologies is an internationally recognized event for experts in detection and identification of biological and chemical threats and will explore the latest R&D developments as well as ready-to-market systems for major biothreat detection, identification, and analysis both in the field and at the point-of-care.
The keynote speaker from DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency) will discuss the greatest challenge facing pragmatic biological sensors and diagnostic instruments. Other Program topics include:
- Advances in Sensor & Detector Technologies
- The Use of Nanotechnology
- Point-of-Care Diagnostics
- Bioinformatics for Biodefense
- Optics & Fluorescence-Based Detection
- Water Protection and Monitoring
- Field Testing and Interpreting Results
Confirmed speakers include:
- John A. Adams, PhD, JMAR Technologies, Inc.
- George Anderson, PhD, U.S. Naval Research Laboratory
- Colin Brenan, PhD, BioTrove Inc.
- Michael Connolly, PhD, Integrated Nano-Technologies, LLC
- John W. Czajka, PhD, MBA, Smiths Detection Diagnostics
- Filip Frederix, PhD, NXP
- Graeme Frith, PhD, Exocyte Ltd.
- Jorge E. Gonzalez, PhD, Caribbean Biotechnologies, Inc.
- Kathryn M. Hansen, California Department of Public Health
- H. James Harmon, PhD, Oklahoma State University
- Guilhem Larigauderie, PhD, DGA/French Ministry of Defense
- Bo Mattiasson, PhD, Lund University
- Luis Moreno-Hagelsieb, PhD, Université Catholique de Louvain
- Dennis L. Polla, PhD, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- Lou Reinisch, PhD, Veritide Ltd.
- Yuliya Shakalisava, PhD, Dublin City University
- Duncan Sharp, PhD, Nottingham Trent University
- Willy A. Valdivia-Granda, PhD, Orion Integrated Biosciences Inc.
- Hans van der Voorn, Izon Science Ltd.
- Trevor Wagner, PhD, OpGen, Inc.
- Reinhold Wimberger-Friedl, PhD, Philips Research
- Yanxiu Zhou, PhD, Y&Z Innovation LLC
The Knowledge Foundation integrates scientific ingenuity and real-world applications by fostering collaborative research at the rapidly changing intersection of science and business. Known for providing members of its Technology Commercialization Alliance with direct and unbiased state-of-the-art scientific information, the Knowledge Foundation is uniquely qualified to provide wider exposure for important developments in the emerging fields of alternative energy, nanotechnology, and chemical/biological detection technologies.