When it comes to upholding multi-touch display performance in heavy-use commercial settings, quality touch performance, design and dependability is key. Debuting this week at InfoComm 2016 in 3M booth N1947 is the 3M Multi-Touch Projected Capacitive (PCAP) Display C6587PW 65-inch with Ultrafine Metal Mesh Design. Featuring a modern, smartphone-like design ideal for a broad range of commercial applications, the display is specially built to withstand the rigor of continuous use in a variety of public settings, including retail locations, museums and other digital signage installations, and is compatible with a broad range of operating systems.
At the core of this display’s offering is an ultrafine metal mesh conductor found in the touch sensor. The conductor is unlike other metal mesh technologies currently available, overcoming design and optical challenges common in other touch solutions. The technology provides excellent optical performance by incorporating advanced modeling techniques developed from 30 years of 3M design and service to the display industry. When paired with the 3M Multi-Touch Controller PX5000, the new, large-format 65-inch display delivers exceptional touch performance in a fully integrated chassis solution, making applications shine without sacrificing speed or accuracy.
“We know that the commercial market is ready for a large-format, multi-touch display that will turn heads and deliver an exceptional, interactive multi-touch experience,” said Scott Hagermoser, global business manager, 3M Touch Systems. “The new 3M Multi-Touch PCAP Display C6587PW 65-inch creates a visually riveting, interactive experience for large groups, making it ideal for public venues and branded retail applications.”
The new ultrafine metal mesh design is also offered in other 3M PCAP Multi-Touch Display and System products on display in the 3M booth at InfoComm. The Display products range in size from 32 to 65 inches, while the PCAP Multi-Touch Systems products range in availability from 15 to 65 inches. In all display formats, the touchscreen and electronics are tuned for precise and complete multi-touch functionality – even at the edges and corners of the display.
Notable features of the new, fully integrated 3M Multi-Touch PCAP Displays 65-inch include:
- 4K Ultra-High Definition display resolution for a crisp display image
- Bezel-free, glass-to-edge design for a modern, consumer electronics-like look
- Active pen and passive stylus support for ultimate input flexibility
- An engineered glass surface for anti-stiction, proving an enhanced touch feel
- Strengthened, heat-tempered glass for durability, dependability and safety
- An anti-glare surface for increased viewability in bright environments
- An active thermal management system that helps the display remain cool to touch regardless of display orientation
- The ability to accommodate many display orientations, including landscape, portrait, tabletop and various tilt angles
- Global, localized technical and product support
- Operating systems compatibility with Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP, Linux and Mac OS
- Stable, life-cycle product availability
- 3-year warranty
New 3M Multi-Touch PCAP Display C6587PW 65-inch with Ultrafine Metal Mesh Design will be available for purchase in August 2016 through leading distributors and resellers. 3M PCAP Multi-Touch Systems are currently available.
The 3M Display Materials & Systems Division provides innovative touchscreen systems and displays to customers worldwide. 3M touch products are commonly used for single- and multi-touch applications that include interactive digital signage, casino gaming, foodservice, hospitality, industrial, healthcare, retail point of sale and self-service. Learn more about 3M Touch solutions at www.3M.com/PCAP and www.3M.com/touch.