Office Depot®, a leading global provider of office products and services, today announced the launch of the office products industry's first exclusive brand of Compact Fluorescent Lightbulbs (CFLs) in Office Depot retail stores nationwide and online at www.officedepot.com/buygreen. The new CFLs are part of the environmentally preferable "Office Depot Green" product line which was first introduced on Earth Day. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), CFLs use about 75 percent less energy and last up to 10 times longer than standard incandescent bulbs. CFLs are, in fact, one of the most economically and environmentally beneficial products customers can buy.
"Compact Fluorescent Lights represent a tremendous opportunity for Office Depot to serve our increasingly environmentally aware customer base," said Richard Diamond, Vice President of Merchandising for Office Depot. "With the launch of Office Depot Green CFLs, we are once again leading the office products industry by helping customers create greener offices and save money in the process."
“By launching an exclusive line of CFLs and joining the EPA's ENERGY STAR Program for Retail, Office Depot is committing to further promoting the use of energy efficient products,” said Yalmaz Siddiqui, Director of Environmental Strategy for Office Depot.
Office Depot offers a wide variety of innovative, energy efficient products including:
- HP Pavilion Notebook Computer with AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-60: This Energy Star 4.0 Compliant laptop will help reduce both energy costs and greenhouse gas emissions. Additionally, it features 3GB DDR2 memory, a 160GB hard drive, integrated wireless LAN with Bluetooth Technology and reads and writes dual layer DVDs & CDS.
- HP Officejet Pro L7590 All-in-One: Energy Star 4.0 Qualified, which makes this printer over 25 percent more energy efficient, the Officejet Pro can run cooler and longer than conventional models. As an all-in-one, this machine allows users to print, fax and scan with one machine. Additionally, this printer can help reduce paper usage as much as 50 percent with duplex printing capabilities.
- APC™ 7-Outlet Energy-Saving Surge Protector: This innovative product conserves energy (and electricity costs) by automatically cutting power to idle equipment and technology peripherals when the main computer is not in use.
- Voltaic Solar Charging Bag: Available as a backpack or messenger bag, this innovative business case allows travelers to leave their chargers at home and instead use renewable solar power to charge mobile electronics, including cell phones, blackberry, mp3 players or digital cameras. Not only will the Voltaic bag take you off of the electricity grid, it also serves as a great conversation starter!
- “Office Depot has offered energy-efficient technology products for years,” noted John Lostroscio, Vice President of Merchandising for Office Depot. “By adding to our assortment of ENERGY STAR compliant products and highlighting them in more of our marketing vehicles, we are helping our customers take care of business and the planet by reducing electricity and operating costs.”