TriQuint Semiconductor, Inc., a leading RF products manufacturer and foundry services provider, has expanded its optical infrastructure portfolio with five new transimpedance amplifiers (TIA), enabling the company to now serve both transmit and receive portions of high performance optical networks.
The new product family complements TriQuint’s industry-leading modulator driver portfolio for 10, 40, 100 Gb/s and next-generation 200G/400G systems.
TriQuint’s new TIAs offer performance benefits tailored to key design requirements that support 40G, 100G and emerging optical systems. TriQuint’s new products are part of a recent technology acquisition from Micram Microelectronic GmbH.
“This new amplifier family perfectly complements our optical modulator drivers. We’re sampling next-generation products and receiving positive feedback from numerous customers,” said James L. Klein, TriQuint Vice President and General Manager for Infrastructure and Defense Products. “Our new TIA family serves today’s fastest networks as well as the higher modulation needs of future optical broadband systems.”
The continual worldwide growth in smartphone and tablet data traffic as well as other broadband mobile devices is driving global network capacity expansion. Optical networks remain the most economical means for long-distance, high-speed data transfers across wired and mobile device networks. Infonetics Research commented recently that the global optical market is expected to grow in 2013, with expansion primarily in North America, China, Europe and the Middle East.
“Our conversations with equipment providers continue to trend positive, particularly in North America where 100G spending is about to ramp…Meanwhile, there are positive rumbles in the EMEA region; preliminary results show that 2013 will be a huge year for 100G in China; China is about half of the global 40G WDM market,” said Infonetics Principal Optical Analyst, Andrew Schmitt, in a February 2013 report.
TriQuint’s first TIA release includes five new silicon germanium (SiGe) amplifiers for use in optical networks ranging from very-short-reach to metro- and long-haul. The products are announced in conjunction with the OFC/NFOEC conference and exposition in Anaheim, CA (March 19-21) and complement TriQuint’s wide selection of surface-mount optical modulator drivers. See our optical experts in Booth 2127, or contact TriQuint to arrange a meeting.
TriQuint’s new TIAs, the TGA4864, TGA4861, TGA4866, TIA56 and TIA56A, offer a broad array of on-chip benefits; samples are available; contact product marketing for details. Visit the TriQuint Sales webpage for local assistance. Register here for our newsletter and product updates.
- TGA4864 - Dual differential 100 Gb/s SiGe TIA in die form with manual or automatic gain control for metro- or long-haul coherent PM-QPSK networks. Less than 1% THD at 350mVpp output, tunable frequency response from 24-32 GHz, 26dB dynamic range, single +3.3V supply, peak level detection, output shutdown function, OIF intradyne receiver MSA compliant.
- TGA4861 - Dual differential 40 Gb/s SiGe TIA in die form with manual or automatic gain control for metro- or long-haul coherent DP-QPSK networks. Less than 1% total harmonic distortion (THD) at 350mVpp output, tunable frequency response of 8.5-13.5 GHz, 26dB dynamic range, single +3.3V supply, peak level detection, optional input strength indicator, output shutdown function, OIF intradyne receiver MSA compliant.
- TGA4866 - Single-ended input, differential output 40 Gb/s SiGe limiting TIA in die form for very-short-reach networks using SONET OC-768, SDH STM-256 or 44.6 Gb/s Ethernet (IEEE-802.3b). Input noise density is 15pA/√Hz and differential transimpedance gain of 2.8Kohm, optical overload resistance up to +6dBm, tunable frequency response from 34-38 GHz, automatic or manual threshold adjustment, single +3.3V supply.
- TIA56 - 40 Gb/s SiGe TIA in die form for metro or long-haul DPSK networks. Allows differential or single-ended input or output up to 800mVpp, frequency response tunable from 20 to 35 GHz, 30pA/√Hz noise density, 4.5Kohm differential transimpedance, DC and AC coupled, output eye adjustment pin, single -5.2V supply.
- TIA56A - 40 Gb/s SiGe TIA in die form for metro or long-haul DPSK networks. Allows differential or single-ended input or output, 600mVpp differential and 300mVpp single-ended output, frequency response tunable from 20-35 GHz, 30pA/√Hz noise density, 4.5Kohm differential transimpedance, DC and AC coupled, output eye adjustment pin, peak level detection, single -5.2V supply.