The Handbook of Photonics, 2nd Edition
- Provides information on semiconductors, inorganic, and organic materials
- Covers miniature photovoltaic devices, optoelectronic devices, miniature solid state lasers, optical modulators, and optical fibers
- Explores ion-exchanged glass waveguides and design methodologies for guided wave devices
- Discusses optical and holographic data storage, binary optics, and electronic displays
- Includes coverage of optical communications and digital computing
- Contains hundreds of illustrations as well as an extensive list of references
Reflecting changes in the field in the ten years since the publication of the first edition, The Handbook of Photonics, Second Edition explores recent advances that have affected this technology. In this new, updated second edition editor Mool Gupta is joined by John Ballato, strengthening the handbook with their combined knowledge and the continued contributions of world-class researchers.
New in the Second Edition:
- Information on optical fiber technology and the economic impact of photonics
- Coverage of emerging technologies in nanotechnology
- Sections on optical amplifiers, and polymeric optical materials
The book covers photonics materials, devices, and systems, respectively. An introductory chapter, new to this edition, provides an overview of photonics technology, innovation, and economic development. Resting firmly on the foundation set by the first edition, this new edition continues to serve as a source for introductory material and a collection of published data for research and training in this field, making it the reference of first resort.
Click here for further information