"It was one of the most magical moments I've ever had leading a group up the summit," said famed explorer Richard Wiese, on reaching the top of Mount Kilimanjaro. Preserving the incomparable experiences of his many worldwide adventures is why Wiese never goes on an expedition without his Epson P-7000 Multimedia Photo Viewer.
An essential tool for the on-the-go adventurer or photographer, the Epson P-7000 is the perfect partner for a digital SLR camera. The viewer makes it easier than ever to backup and view thousands of photos on the spot with its built-in memory card slots, 4-inch LCD and 160GB hard drive.
When Wiese chose the Epson viewer, he wanted a device that was easy to use, lightweight and rugged, with a long-lasting battery. "With the Epson P-7000 viewer, I never worry about losing photos," said Wiese, also a respected field scientist and former president of the prestigious The Explorers Club who has hosted many television shows, including the syndicated "Exploration with Richard Wiese" and BBC and Discovery Channel's "Hell on Earth."
After the day's climb, Wiese would insert the card from his camera into the viewer and swiftly download several hundred images. Zooming in to confirm focus and fine detail, he could preview both RAW and JPEG images, and make quick edits if needed. With the option of video and audio output, he'd then set up a slide show of the day's images in the mess tent for the entire group to view. Displaying more than 16.7 million colors, and encompassing more than 94 percent of Adobe RGB color space, the Epson P-7000 brought incredible color accuracy to the Kilimanjaro images.
Once Wiese and his team reached the peak of Mount Kilimanjaro, they gathered around the Epson P-7000 to look at images of their successful climb. "I can't tell you how important the Epson viewer has become in documenting, sharing and preserving my exploration work," said Wiese. "Not only does the viewer help forge a tight-knit team, but at the end of the expedition, I know all my photos will be there to document the work and the great experiences we had together."
Additional Features of the Epson P-7000
- Large 4-inch LCD with wide viewing angle
- Exclusive Epson Photo Fine® Premia technology displays more than 16.7 million colors
- Tethering feature allows instant viewing and back-up of images as they are shot
- Built-in CompactFlash and Secure Digital memory card slots with many other cards supported via third-party adapter; compatible with high-speed UDMA CompactFlash cards
- Faster download speed - up to 35 percent faster than previous models
- Zoom function to confirm focus/fine detail
- JPEG and RAW file support
- Jog dial to scroll through images
- Long battery life for extended photo shoots; rechargeable lithium-ion battery lasts up to three hours
- Audio/video output to present customized slideshows
- High-speed USB 2.0 interface for device-to-device backup
- Travel Pack — battery charger, car adapter and more