Epson America has launched the EPSON PowerLite X15 that can cost-effectively generate brilliant images and provide superior connectivity to conference rooms and small- and medium-sized classrooms. This new projector delivers 3,000 lm color and white light output with XGA resolution, effectively replacing the PowerLite 92.
The PowerLite X15 presents a sophisticated feature set such as HDMI digital connectivity to link with the latest devices for digital audio and high-quality video. The projector includes USB Plug 'n Play for instantly projecting audio and video using a USB connection from a Mac or PC computer. With Easy-Slide technology, it provides easy setup.
The classroom operational features of EPSON PowerLite X15 include:
- Convenient control with direct power on and off; A/V mute slide turns off the sound and images instantly when pause is needed, and enables lamp life, cost and energy conservation.
- Setup flexibility with automatic vertical keystone correction and +30 degree horizontal keystone slide offering convenient setup for any virtual classroom setting; flexibility is provided by 1.2x optical zoom; quick corner enables the four corners of an image to have independent motion for achieving a rectangular image.
- Epson's exclusive E-TORL lamp technology that allows about 5,000 h of extended lamp life, thus extending the presentation time.
- 3LCD Technology facilitates obtaining true-to-life color and detail for dynamic presentations; with 3LCD technology-enabled energy-efficient light engine, stunning images can be created, it consumes less power per lumen of brightness.
- Advanced connectivity is effectuated by directly connecting to EPSON DC-06 document camera with the help of USB or multiple computers via the two VGA ports for added versatility.
- Integrated closed captioning decoder enables hearing-impaired students to enjoy the presentations, without any added cost and facilitates compliance with ADA section 508.
Furthermore, Epson hosts the Brighter Futures program, a sales and support initiative for schools.
The EPSON PowerLite X15 projector will be available by May 2012.