MetroLaser is pleased to introduce the VibroMet(TM) 500 SLDV, the first truly portable scanning laser Doppler vibrometer.
The vibrometer enables a user to perform a complete point-by-point vibrational analysis of any surface from a distance up to 5 meters without touching it. This system can be transported, set up, and operated by one person in real-world conditions. The VibroMet(TM) 500 SLDV consists of an optical head, an electronic controller, a laptop computer, and a comprehensive software package that enables scanning and measuring surfaces of complex geometries with ultra-high sensitivity. A modal analysis module is available within the software package.
The VibroMet(TM) 500 SLDV can measure up to 1000 points per axis within a scan space of +/- 20 degrees in each direction. The software enables the generation of a flexible measurement grid on the target, automatic scanning of the programmed grid, a large variety of data analysis and filtering options, and 3D animation and visualization of results.
The VibroMet(TM) 500 SLDV is well suited for a wide range of applications, where a vibrational spectral analysis is required, including:
- Automotive:Disk brakes, panels, windshield, engine, body
- Modal Analysis:Turbine blades, mechanical structures
- Audio:Speakers, guitars, violins, noise source location and control
- Industrial Equipment:Compressors, appliances, computers
- Medical Devices:Hearing aids, prosthetics, muscular response
- Military:Landmine detection, aging aircraft, noise detection
- Structural Integrity:Buildings and bridges
- Nondestructive Testing:Voids, delaminations, stiffness
- Health Monitoring:Spectral analysis, modal anomalies