Evonik has launched a new transparent polyamide molding compound for demanding optical applications such as premium lenses or high-end visors for ski and snowboard goggles.
TROGAMID® myCX high flow offers:
- Crystal-clear transparency
- Excellent wear comfort
- High durability
- Improved processing capabilities
Evonik will present TROGAMID® myCX high flow at MIDO 2019 in Milan (Italy) from February 23 to 25. (stand H05 in Hall 6).
Improved Material Processing for Greater Efficiency
Compared to similar high-performance materials, the significantly improved flowability of TROGAMID® myCX makes it possible to process the molding compound at a temperature profile that is at least 20°C lower. That enables greater energy efficiency and productivity in processing.
TROGAMID® myCX high flow, which stands out for its excellent transparency of over 90% and low density of 1.03 g/cm², was specifically designed for demanding optical applications such as premium lenses or high-end visors for ski and snowboard goggles.
- The high-performance polymer combines outstanding quality and freedom of design with maximum wear comfort.
- Due to its exceptional mechanical properties, resistance to stress cracking, and breaking strength, TROGAMID® myCX high flow guarantees the high levels of durability and safety that are essential for the optical industry.
- In addition, the new transparent polyamide by Evonik can be combined with all frame materials.
Tailor-Made Plastic Materials for Optical Industry
TROGAMID® stands for a product family of transparent polyamides that have been used in the optical industry with great success for over 20 years. The portfolio includes innovative high-performance polymers for lenses and frames as well as further materials, including for UV protection or polarizing films for high-contrast vision.