D-Link today announced its newest mydlink®-enabled Wi-Fi Camera, the Full HD 180-Degree Wi-Fi Camera (DCS-2530L), is now shipping. Most competitor cameras provide, on average, a 130-degree lens, the new DCS-2530L offers a 180-degree field of view, so users can monitor an entire room with Full 1080p video quality with less blind spots and missed events. Using unique de-warping technology, the ultra-wide 180 degree angle lens is able to take a "fish eye" view and transform it into a more viewable video stream with less distortion.
The Full HD 180-Degree Wi-Fi Camera also features a built-in microSD card slot1, providing users more flexibility on recording video locally to the camera without impacting network or Internet bandwidth. Users can choose different options for recording based on event trigger, schedule or continuous recording for more control on what or when to record. In addition, recorded clips and live video streaming can be easily accessed and managed from anywhere using the free mydlink lite app for iOS, Android and Windows, all with no recurring monthly fees.
"The new Full HD 180-Degree Wi-Fi Camera provides the widest viewing angle available on a fixed camera at a full 180 degrees, allowing customers to see more of their home or small business with a single camera," said Carissa Blegen, surveillance product line manager, D-Link. "With the additional option of local recording to a microSD card, as opposed to bandwidth hogging cloud recording, users don't have to worry about their home security solution affecting their other connected devices."
Along with simple push button setup, the DCS-2530L features a Wi-Fi Signal Locator, an LED that helps users place the camera in optimal range within their Wi-Fi network for reliable streaming and recording. The DCS-2530L also provides Full HD 1080p video quality, 10x digital zoom, and up to 16-feet of viewing in total darkness, allowing users to monitor more in rich detail.
New compact wi-fi DCS-2530L camera provides users with a smart, simple security solution to monitor pets, kids, or home. (PRNewsFoto/D-Link Systems)
More about the Full HD 180 Degree Wi-Fi Camera (DCS-2530L):
- 180 Degree Field of View – Widest angle lens on a fixed consumer camera
- Full HD 1080p Quality Video – Rich detail and crisp image quality for monitoring your home
- Unique De-Warping Technology – Maximizes video quality with less distortion
- Wi-Fi Signal Locator – LED that guides users to the best camera placement, ensuring reliable connectivity for streaming and recording
- Sound & Motion Detection – Automatic alert notifications keep you informed
- Local Recording – Record continuous, scheduled, or detection triggered video clips directly to a microSDXC card up to 128 GB
- Night Vision – See up to 16 feet in complete darkness with 2 built-in IR LEDs
Availability and Pricing
The Full HD 180-Degree Wi-Fi Camera (DCS-2530L) is now available for $159.99 at Target, Best Buy, D-Link Shop and throughout D-Link's vast network of e-tail outlets in the United States. More information is available online at us.dlink.com.