Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Plastic Optical Fiber Market & Technology Assessment Study - 2014" report to their offering.
The plastic optical fiber (POF) data business is going through a period of extraordinary growth driven by the automotive manufacturers in Europe and by new technology development. Industrial controls and medical applications continue to be the bedrock of the industry, and they, too, are experiencing healthy growth. Unlike the telecommunications field, the POF business covers many industries and is not as vulnerable to industry downturns.
New technological developments in sources, connectors, and fibers are expanding the bandwidth-distance limits of POF into new applications. After many years of playing second fiddle to the glass optical fiber business, POF is now starting to get the recognition it deserves. Some are even saying that POF could be a disruptive technology.
Over the past three years, there has been a dramatic increase in the GI-POF technology and its availability in the market. This has resulted in increased interest by component suppliers and end users. The market for short, high-speed optical links is experiencing extraordinary growth. These links are less than 100 meters, with speeds up to 40Gbps.
Key Topics Covered:
- Why POF?
- Comparison Between Copper, GOF, and POF
- POF Historical Development and Organization
- Technical Characteristics of POF Fibers Systems
- Light Sources
- Optical Connectors and Splicing
- POF Cables
- POF Cost Comparisons
- Integrated Optics
- Fiber Bragg Gratings
- Optical Amplifiers
- Test Equipment
- POF Systems - Ethernet Example
- POF Hardware for Ethernet
- Illustrative Examples of POF Data Communications Applications
- POF and Related Standards
- Components and Testing
- POF Components - Present Status
- POF Suppliers
- POF Component Price Trends
- Market Drivers
- POF Markets and Forecasts
- POF Activities in Various Countries
- Opportunities in the Emerging POF Business
- Strategies for Success in the POF Market
- Mitsubishi Rayon
- Asahi Kasei
- Toray Industries Inc.
- Shenzhen Dasheng Optoelectronic Technology Co. Ltd.
- Asahi Glass
- OFS-Fitel (now Chromis Fiber Optics)
- Redfern Polymer (Cactus Fiber) (Kiriama)
- Fuji Film
- Jiang Daisheng Co. Ltd.
- Sekisui Chemical Company
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6qj73m/plastic_optical