Machine Learning [ML] for Quality Assurance
Self-Learning Surface Inspection: Automatic Anomaly Detection in Textured Surfaces
- This algorithm functions on live images directly without the need for training or labeling date in advance.
- Boundary condition: when compared to the defect-free surface, which needs to account for a minimum of 51% of the whole inspected area, defects are small.
How Does it Work
For the complete evaluation of the entire image, local training of n classification is used. A majority voting decision is used to set-up the end result.
Integration and Deploying
The algorithm can be integrated into any machine vision software. As an example, it can be deployed in a Region of Interest (ROI) with the use of the anomaly surface’s size as criteria for measuring defect quantification.
- There is no requirement for teaching in advance
- As the algorithm can automatically adapt itself to any random or arbitrary surface, there are no necessary setting parameters.
- The inspected surface can be evaluated in less than 50 msec on Core i3
Adaptive Surface Inspection: Additional Examples
- To identify faults in aesthetic technical and complex functional surfaces
- Machine vision based inspection
- Process fluctuation consideration
- Process integrated 100% inspection
- Inspection is reliable, fast, and contact-free.
- Quality is documented
Deep Learning for Surface Inspection
Automatic anomaly detection in textured surfaces
EyeVision software now includes the Deep Learning Surface Inspector. This enables easy and dynamic detection of damages, impurities, and surface flaws. It has an adaptive surface inspection section and works on textured surfaces.
The most challenging thing is to identify faults on aesthetic and complex functional surfaces. By carrying out an inspection based on the DL Surface Inspector, a solution is achieved. This is based on machine vision under the consideration of process fluctuations.
There are numerous significant advantages:
- Any machine vision software can integrate the algorithms.
- By, for example, using the size of the anomaly surface defect qualification criteria, it can be deployed in a Region of Interest.
Further Important Advantages:
- There is no required teaching in advance
- As the algorithm automatically adapts itself to all random surfaces, there are no required setting parameters
- It takes less than 50 ms to inspect the surface on Core i3
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by EVT Eye Vision Technology.
For more information on this source, please visit EVT Eye Vision Technology.