The EDAX Trident System provides a complete materials characterization solution by integrating energy dispersive x-ray spectroscopy (EDS), wavelength dispersive spectroscopy (WDS), and electron backscatter diffraction (EBSD) analytical methods on a single platform.
Through extensive data collection and sharing between these various methodologies, seamless integration is assured. Users can apply each method independently, or they can combine the data to get outcomes that were not previously possible.
The EDS analysis provides all the necessary instruments, from straightforward qualitative examination to intricate quantitative computations. Smart features ensure reliable analysis, data collection, and reporting. EXpert ID also utilizes analytical intelligence to separate overlaps and identify minor peaks.
To provide all users with sophisticated crystal structure characterization, the EBSD analysis combines the intuitiveness of the software platform with the analytical strength of orientation imaging microscopy (OIM). Features like the Confidence Index (CI) and patented ChI-Scan™ offer patented verification of indexing accuracy and enable superior multiphase analysis for enhanced indexing accuracy and phase, respectively.
To obtain accurate quantitative and qualitative analyses, WDS scans are used in conjunction with EDS spectrum collection.
The following are the primary characteristics of the Trident Analysis System:
- Works in conjunction with Octane Elite silicon drift detectors (SDDs), the platinum standard in EDS analysis.
- Advanced electronics deliver exceptional efficiency and resolution across the entire range of count rates.
- For EBSD, the available choices are the Velocity™ and Clarity™ EBSD detectors. The Velocity, powered by a CMOS sensor, offers high-speed EBSD mapping with the highest indexing performance on real-world materials. The Clarity produces high-fidelity, noise and distortion-free EBSD patterns for unparalleled EBSD pattern quality and sensitivity.
- The Lambda Plus and Lambda Super spectrometers are available for WDS examination.
- Quickly and easily provides both elemental and crystallographic results.
- Users will be able to focus on their materials rather than the process of data collection.