The ChromaCL2™ iBSED detector provides real-time scanning electron microscope (SEM) cathodoluminescence imaging.
The ChromaCL2™ iBSED detector is a color cathodoluminescence imaging device for scanning electron microscopes. In many petrographic and earth science applications, color cathodoluminescence (CL) imaging can reveal geochemical operations.
- Macro- and micro-textures of sedimentary rocks can be examined, including the sediment source, degree of compaction, diagenetic history, differences between auriferous and detrital minerals, history of cementation, and authenticity.
- Topographic, compositional, and color CL images are captured simultaneously with a single electron beam pass.
- Easy to operate
- Color cathodoluminescence images aid in the identification of geochemical differences.
- High-efficiency detection enables the shortest time-to-data, images with the maximum spatial resolution, and less data misinterpretation owing to e-beam damage.
- Carbonate imaging kit for resolving phosphorescence from specific carbonate minerals in scanned CL images
- The field stitching software module enables users to have a limitless field of vision
Episode 1: Explained Introduction to Cathodoluminescence
Cathodoluminescence Explained. Episode 1: An Introduction
Cathodoluminescence Explained. Episode 1: An Introduction. This webinar serves as an introduction to the CL technique and key application challenges addressed by CL, highlighting some of the latest research from the world of nanophotonics, micro-LED device development, and microanalysis. Video Credit: Gatan, Inc.
Episode 2: Understanding Micro-LED Arrays
Cathodoluminescence Explained. Episode 2: Understanding Micro-LED Arrays
Cathodoluminescence Explained. Episode 2: Understanding Micro-LED Arrays. This webinar discusses how simultaneous measurement of wavelength and direction can be used to reveal the light extraction and color rendering of a display device (in this case micro-LED array) as a function of viewing angle. Video Credit: Gatan, Inc.
Episode 3: Analyzing Modes for Geoscience Applications
Cathodoluminescence Explained. Episode 3: Analysis Modes for Geoscience Applications
Cathodoluminescence Explained. Episode 3: Analysis Modes for Geoscience Applications. In this webinar, we will review the different hardware and analysis modes available in CL detectors, discussing the benefits and drawbacks of each when analyzing geoscience specimens. Video Credit: Gatan, Inc.
Episode 4: Improving Spatial, Spectral, and Angular Resolutions
Cathodoluminescence Explained. Episode 4: Improving spatial, spectral, and angular resolutions
Cathodoluminescence Explained, Episode 4: Improving spatial, spectral, and angular resolutions. This episode will focus on the practicalities of producing the sharpest CL maps, spectra, and angle-resolved emission patterns using a scanning electron microscope (SEM)-based CL system. By the end of the webinar, attendees will understand why certain SEM. Video Credit: Gatan, Inc.
Episode 5: Analyzing CL Data
Cathodoluminescence Explained. Episode 5: Cathodoluminescence Data Analysis
Cathodoluminescence Explained. Episode 5: CL Data Analysis. This webinar focuses on the importance of CL data analysis, which may include spatial, spectral, and angular information, or any combination thereof. The importance of data analysis of such CL data can be nearly as important as data acquisition and can reveal many interesting characteristics of a specimen including the influence of constituent concentration and distribution, defect density, plasmonic or photonic modes, and more. During this webinar, analysis of data drawn from various specimens is performed, their results discussed, and the benefits of such analysis demonstrated. Video Credit: Gatan, Inc.