Monarc® is a cutting-edge cathodoluminescence (CL) detector from Gatan, offering unparalleled clarity and insights in specialized applications, particularly in optoelectronics, nanophotonics, and geosciences.
This system utilizes an innovative optical design to enhance sensitivity and spectral resolution while providing distinctive wavelength- and angle-resolved functionalities. By consolidating these functionalities into a single detector, Monarc enables the most exhaustive CL analysis to date.
Fastest Time to the Best Data
- Collect hyperspectral data up to 30 times faster compared to other CL detectors.
- Simultaneously capture angle- and wavelength-resolved CL data.
- Attain CL data with exceptional spatial (<10 nm), angular (1°), and wavelength (0.1 nm) resolutions.
Effortless Operation for All Users
- Employ the largest field of view to enhance data throughput and streamline user workflows.
- Maintain permanently aligned optics, ensuring reproducible results over both short and long timeframes.
- Guarantee optimal outcomes through recipe-driven operation and fully automated alignments.
Most Accurate Correlation with Other Signals
- Uncompromising quality is achieved through the full utilization of in-lens SEM detectors during CL measurements.
- Simultaneously detect multiple signals that can be used to correlate images of physical properties and composition with CL data.
Investigate the emission polarization characteristics of deep sub-wavelength structures, including photonic crystals, nanocavities, and optical nanoantennas.
Wavelength- and Angle-Resolved (WARCL)
Effortlessly observe the interaction between matter and light across a spectrum of viewing angles and wavelengths, all at full resolution. What was once considered impossible or highly impractical has now become a routine procedure with Monarc's innovative optical design.
Explore the interactions of light and matter below the optical diffraction limit. Monarc offers a 400x larger field of view compared to other CL detectors, with virtually no loss in resolution.