The LumiMap Electroluminescence System integrates spectral and electrical testing of epitaxial HB-LED wafers in one, simple, intuitive test environment offering instant data without any wafer preparation.
The LumiMap uses a non-destructive touch probe to send controlled current through wafer. This current excites the active GaN layer, causing it to emit light.
Proprietary, patent-pending features of the new metrology system include an innovative wafer edge contact solution, a durable conducting probe and advanced IV curve modelling for precise and repeatable forward voltage (Vf) measurements.
The key features of the LumiMap system are:
- Measures forward and reverse IV characteristics precisely and consistently
- Characterizes current-induced wavelength, spectral intensity and spectral width
- Offers long-term Vf accuracy and repeatability via patent-pending probe design and edge contact
- Enables strong correlation with device-level measurements using advanced IV modelling
- Shortens acquisition of critical data from days to minutes
- Provides immediate feedback on MOCVD process quality, with no wafer preparation required
- Delivers nondestructive, multi-point inspection in seconds