The SE-2000 available from Semilab is an exclusive modular optical platform equipped with a spectroscopic ellipsometer that has rotating compensator optics. It can carry out both non-contact and non-destructive optical measurements on single-layer and multi-layer samples, as well as substrates, to achieve individual thin film thickness and optical properties.
The main features of the SE-2000 include the following:
- The SE-2000 system has a strong, flexible, and modular design that allows analysis of samples with simple single-layer thickness to more difficult applications like those combining scatterometry, ellipsometry, and polarimetry using the Mueller matrix.
- The system has a small spot size and a novel individual arm angle selection.
- The SE-2000 features an extensive spectral range varying from the Deep-UV (193 nm) to the Mid-IR (25 µm), along with an optional FTIR ellipsometer head provided exclusively on the same goniometer with the visible arms.
- The SE-2000 can either be configured with the quick detection mode using detector array and spectrograph, with high-resolution mode using single-point detectors and a spectrometer, or with both modes integrated together in a single tool.
- The SE-2000 is equipped with Semilab’s new smart electronics including exchangeable components, and works through the new generation operating and analysis software (SAM/SEA).
- The system can be controlled using a Laptop or PC via LAN network, or by a new touch panel interface.
Listed below are the measurement modes of the SE-2000:
- Spectroscopic ellipsometry for optical functions and thin film thickness, including complex multilayer structures
- Transmission ellipsometry provided for transparent substrates
- Generalized ellipsometry provided for anisotropic materials
- Scatterometry versus incidence angle and wavelength
- In-situ measurement mode for real-time manipulation at the time of etch or deposition process
- Jones Matrix provided for simple anisotropic materials
- Mueller matrix (with 11 or 16 elements) has been specifically provided together with scatterometry for 3D anisotropic materials
- Transmittance and reflectance versus angle of incidence and wavelength
- Porosimetry — measurements of porosity and pore size in thin films
The SE-2000 can be used for the following applications:
- Photovoltaics — Nanostructured cells, thin films and silicon solar cells, nanodots, transparent conductive oxide, nanowire, and CNT
- Photonics — Reflective coatings, ARC, LED, III-V devices (ECL, EEL, VCSEL), sol-gel/porous coatings, MEMS, optronics: InP, GaN, AlGaN, etc.
- Semiconductors — Gate oxide, low-k, high-k, interconnects, nitride oxide, lithography thins films, and epi-layers: Poly, SiC, SiGe, SOI, and Strained Si
- Organics — OPV, sensors, OTFT, and OLED
- General — Ferroelectric materials (PZT, BST, SBT), SOFC, Fuel cells, 3D materials, porous electrode, periodic structures, and graphene
- Flat-panel displays — IGZO, LTPS, OLED, TFT-LCD, electrochromic layers