Acuity Brands (NYSE: AYI), a market leader in innovative energy-efficient lighting and control solutions, has announced its new Holophane(R) Petrolux(R) LED luminaires which address the need for a reliable, low-maintenance, LED lighting solution for harsh environments, including classified hazardous locations.
These indoor/outdoor fixtures are designed to meet the stringent requirements of a range of lighting applications in harsh and environmentally challenging facilities, including waste water treatment, power generation, petro-chemical, pulp and paper, textile, and ethanol and biodiesel production plants.
The energy-efficient Petrolux(R) LED luminaires are designed with multiple lumen package options and several optical choices to meet various needs. Product features include:
- Endural(R) borosilicate glass for the LED optics, whichminimizes glare and provides balanced horizontal and vertical illumination to enhance visibility, and to improve productivity and safety. Petrolux LED luminaires are offered with long and narrow symmetric light distribution.
- A dedicated thermal management system, whichimproves luminaire reliability and extends the fixtures' useful life. Efficiently transferring the thermal energy created by the light engine helps provide up to 70,000+ hours of virtually maintenance-free operation in a 55C ambient environment.
- The Universal Mount(TM) option, which is a single mount that allows for pendent, wall, ceiling or stanchion mounting when used with the universal arm accessory. This feature eliminates the need to order multiple mounting configurations and reduces installation and replacement costs.
- Dimming options, which reduce the energy load and operating costs.
- A totally-sealed, robust outer aluminum housing, which isavailable in multiple finishes, protects internal components, and provides a path for convection and conduction.
- An electrical enclosure with a high level of environmental protectionagainst harsh elements, which is demonstrated by a UL Marine and IP66 rating.
"The Petrolux(R) LED series luminaires are designed for customers who desire energy-efficiency and the lowest total cost of ownership," said Jack Ries, Acuity Brands Lighting Vice President and General Manager, Holophane. "The fixtures merge state-of-the-art optics with solid-state lighting technology, world-class thermal management, and unique mechanical features that meet the rigorous requirements of the most demanding environments."