Thin Solid Films is an international journal which serves scientists and engineers
working in the fields of thin-film synthesis, characterization, and applications.
The field of thin films, which can be defined as the confluence of materials
science, surface science, and applied physics, has become an identifiable unified
discipline of scientific endeavor. The scope of Thin Solid Films is indicated
by, but not limited to, the following topical subheadings:
- A. Synthesis and Characterization
- B. Surfaces, Interfaces, and Colloidal Behaviour
- C. Metallurgical, Protective, and Hard Layers
- D. Mechanics and Nanomechanics of Thin Layers
- E. Electronics, Optics, and Opto-electronics
- F. Magnetics and Magneto-optics
- G. Superconductivity
- H. Langmuir-Blodgett, Biological, and Related Films
- I. Thin Film Devices, Sensors, and Actuators
- J. Condensed Matter Film Behaviour.