When looking for defects in surfaces and assemblies, or testing the quality of illuminated displays and components, there may be a need to perform numerous tests to examine products for an array of evaluation criteria.
The TrueTest™ Software enables the ProMetric® imaging photometers and colorimeters to be utilized for in-line inspection. It offers:
- A flexible framework that enables users to apply a single test or series of tests as required, in an efficient and rapid way
- A complete set of predefined tests
- A pass/fail report with maximum detail required by users
- ProMetric I Series Colorimeters: I2, I8, I16, I29, I61
- ProMetric Y Series Photometers: Y2, Y16, Y29, Y43, Y45, Y61
- ProMetric® Imaging Colorimeter or Photometer
- Windows® or 10, 64 bit
- 16-32 GB RAM
- Additional system requirements vary by camera.
Turnkey System for Automated Visual Inspection
There are five main components in the TrueTest™ software application:
- Test sequencer
- Test library
- Automated test execution
- Test manager (pass/fail settings and user-defined test parameters)
- Report generator
The TrueTest™ Software is user-friendly. It is possible to add any tests from the test library to a test sequence (these are stored, and hence many sequences can be produced and recalled as required). Pass/fail settings and test parameters serve as input for every test. The whole sequence is then run end-to-end automatically. Separate test results are shown, and these can be recorded in a report.
Extensive Selection of Quality Tests Built-In
A wide range of standard quality tests as well as defect detection tools is provided with the TrueTest™ Software. These include:
- ANSI brightness
- ANSI color uniformity
- Checkerboard contrast
- Color edge mura
- Color mura
- Compare points of interest
- Diagonal pattern mura
- Focus uniformity
- Line defects
- Particle defects
- Pixel defects
- Points of interest
- Polarizer deformation
- Random mura
- Sequential contrast
- Spot pattern mura
More sophisticated mura detection tests are provided in the optional TrueMURA™ module.
Designed for High-Volume Manufacturing Applications
While the TrueTest™ Software can be utilized for diagnostic testing of a device in a lab condition, it has been developed to fulfill the requirements of large-scale manufacturing applications:
- Interfaces to the device under test (DUT) itself or a video pattern generator to regulate test patterns
- Tests started directly by a production control system (PCS) or by a human operator in a fully automated production setting
- Supports an administrator interface for defining tests and test parameters, and a limited operator mode for running tests
- Leverages the high-speed computing technology of contemporary PCs to take measurements and carry out analyses separately, thus decreasing the cycle time
- Interface to a barcode reader, the PCS, or similar equipment to acquire data about the device under test (DUT); the test parameters and test sequence can be varied automatically from one DUT to another based on this data
Part of a Field-Proven System for Production Testing
TrueTest™ Software can be used with a ProMetric Imaging Colorimeter or Photometer to produce a comprehensive testing system for machine vision or light quality measurement. A ProMetric imaging system can be selected to meet specific dynamic range, pixel resolution, field of view, and cost needs for users’ application.
Once the TrueTest™ Software is installed, application engineers at Radiant Vision Systems will work with customers to incorporate and initialize the system. They will train customers on how to execute those operations, and ways to maintain the system.
The TrueTest™ product range is field-proven, with installations across the globe, testing an unlimited number of devices for a variety of products. Once in operation, Radiant Vision Systems will support users’ integration with its worldwide technical support team and distributor network.
Available in Application-Specific Modules
Moreover, the TrueTest™ Software is available in exclusive test suites, aligned to and additionally optimized for application-specific testing—ranging from in-headset VR and AR display testing to automotive head-up display measurement. Users can find a module as unique as their application:
- TT-ARVR™—Assess AR and VR displays
- TT-AutomotiveDisplay™—Assess in-vehicle displays in dashboards and consoles
- TT-HUD™—Assess automotive head-up displays
- TT-NIRI—Assess near-IR sources utilized in gesture and facial recognition
Automated Visual Inspection Software for Quality Testing
TrueTest Automotive Symbol LED Pipe Scatter False Color
TrueTest Automotive Indicators Backlit Luminance Color