Galvo motors from Cambridge Technology are reliable, accurate, high-speed scanning solutions optimized for different applications. They are actually DC motors with drive mirrors used for scanning or laser beam steering applications.
The motors are equipped with an internal position detector that can be used to achieve controlled motion. The detector generates a position signal corresponding to the motor shaft rotation, facilitating closed loop servo control of the motor.
The main features of the Galvo motors are:
- Resonant scanners for operation at scanning frequencies up to 12kHz and beyond
- High system performance and reliability ensure quality manufacturing processes
- Closed loop servo control of the motor
- Advanced optical position detector with high position accuracy, linearity, and repeatability
- Extremely high torque with low electrical inductance provides high scanner speeds