The Filmetrics® F40 benchtop thin-film analyzer from KLA Instruments provides precise measurements of the refractive index, thickness and reflectance of multiple films and coatings. Spot size as small as 1 µm allows use on both patterned and unpatterned samples.
It is simple to attach the F40 to an existing microscope using the included C-mount attachment and CCD camera for combined video of the sample surface.
Normally, the F40 configuration is identified for a particular film thickness range, from the F40-UV for measuring films as thin as 4 nm, to the F40-XT measuring films measuring a thickness up to 350 µm.
The F40 might be utilized for a range of thin-film types including:
- Display films (cell gaps, polyimides, ITO)
- Semiconductor films (process films, photoresist, nitrides, oxides)
- Biomedical coatings (membranes, polymer or parylene, implant coatings)
- MEMS (Si membranes, photoresist, AlN/ZnO thin film filters)
Listed below are the key features of the F40:
- Film thickness measurements range from 4 nm to 350 µm (based on configuration)
- CCD camera available with combined video
- Spot size ranges from 1 µm to 100 µm (depending on configuration)
- Comes with built-in online diagnostics
- Intuitive measurement and analysis software
- 24-hour e-mail, phone, and online support
Optional features for the F40:
- Motorized autofocus
- XY10 stage base
- Broadband UV microscope SS-Microscope-UVX-1
- Broadband microscope SS-Microscope-EXR-1
The Filmetrics F40 from KLA Instruments. Image Credit: Filmetrics, a KLA Company
The F40 configuration specifies the film thickness measurement range. Image Credit: Filmetrics, a KLA Company