Modal Explorer provides real-time measurement of Encircled Flux. Simply
connect your source and patchcord to the MPX,
and it will measure their Modal Launch Conditions in real-time.
Standards compliant - have confidence in its accuracy
Encircled Flux is now widely accepted as the preferred way to specify modal
filling by IEEE, ISO and IEC. Measurement of Encircled Flux is defined in FOTP-203
- the "Modal
Explorer" is the most standards-compliant measurement system available
today and has been chosen by major standards labs in the USA and Europe as the
basis for their critical measurements.
Robust and reliable - means its ready for production
Its compact size and solid design make it the tool of choice in cable makers,
fiber optic instrument companies and VCSEL, laser and LED source makers. In
use in factories every day, major players in the industry rely on the Modal
Explorer is available for measurements at 850 and 1300nm as well as other
Features and benefits
- End face mode for precise focus giving better repeatability from operator
- Power monitor - ideal for optimising light throughput and modal conditions
together for production of pig-tailed light sources.
- Real-time measurement - means for the first time you can adjust modal conditions
easily as well as increase productivity
- Internal LED for use as Encircled Flux reference source - complies with
IEEE 802-3 for coherent sources
- USB2.0 direct connection gives portability - ship the Modal Explorer to
distant locations with the optional carrying case plus a laptop computer.
- Source and patchcord characterization for IEC 11801 LAN testing
- VCSEL characterisation for Gigabit Ethernet IEEE 802.3
- Mode-scrambler and mode-filter characterization
- LRM Encircled Flux measurements
- Set up fiber coupled sources