The ZEISS Smartproof 5 is an integrated widefield confocal microscope system designed for fast, accurate and repeatable surface analysis. It is suitable for analyzing surface roughness and topographical characterization in a wide range of industrial applications, especially in R&D labs, QA/QC departments, and production environments.
Driven by the powerful ZEISS Efficient Navigation (ZEN) software, this high quality confocal system provides the added benefits of increased productivity and maximum user comfort.
- Easily analyze data according to international standards and create the respective reports
- The Smartproof 5 comes with the ZEISS version of Mountains-Map - ConfoMap - the gold standard in metrology software
- The best of ZEISS optics and proven components provide effeciency across a wide range of applications
- The patented widefield, correlated aperture confocal technology enables the Smartproof 5 to minimize the time to result, providing a perfect balance between high speed and high resolution
- The Smartproof 5 ensures user-independent data acquisition as a basis for repeatable and precise results
- Teachable inspection jobs and the workflow-oriented graphical user interface (GUI) provide a guide through recurring tasks
- The Smartproof 5 is well suited to production and process monitoring due to the easy to operate system and workflow routines in software
Integrated and Robust Design
- The Smartproof 5 is built compact, and it's sturdy construction withstands vibration effectively
- A fully integrated system: electronics, camera, and optics all enclosed within the microscope
The Best of ZEISS Optics
The new ZEISS lens class C Epiplan-Apochromat has been specifically designed for use with widefield confocal systems. These high numerical aperture lenses delivers excellent performance in the visible range and also at the 405 nm wavelength used for acquiring widefield confocal images.
Smartproof 5’s widefield confocal technology provides greater throughput compared to traditional scanning confocal microscopes. This is achieved by the correlated aperture spinning disc technology incorporated in the Smartproof 5 detector module, while maintaining the typical advantages of confocal microscopes for surface characterization. Users can also benefit from the combination of excellent height resolving power and superior lateral resolution.
Guided Workflows for Precise Navigation
Smartproof 5’s integrated ZEN graphical user interface that supports seamless macro-to detail workflows makes orientation easy. The overview image allows users to easily define the position to be measured.
The acquired data is transferred automatically to Confomap software, enabling users to analyze and process the 3D properties of their sample. Users’ workflow can be saved, ready to perform the same microscopic 3D analysis repeatedly.
Output You Can Trust
Components of the Smartproof 5 are motorized so that the software can monitor the condition of each component. Consequently, workflows can be easily set up for repeated acquisitions. The powerful ConfoMap software can help users to analyze geometrical parameters of their sample or perform roughness analysis in 2D (profile) and 3D (area); the latter are based on ISO standards.
ZEISS Smartproof 5: Integrated Widefield Confocal Microscope
Smartproof Trailer Image 1
Smartproof Trailer Image 2
Smartproof Trailer Image 3