The FCD488 is a continuous wave 10 and 20 mW 488 nm solid-state laser, featuring fiber-based architecture. The package contains both the optical elements of the laser and the control electronics, allowing full control and diagnostics of the laser system through an analog interface and RS232 interface. Powered by an external 5 V DC power supply, the laser is cost-efficient, reliable, and compact, with excellent electrical and thermal efficiency. It has a low heat load, so the laser operates without a heat sink.
Based on JDSU's Frequency Converted Diode technology, the FCD488 enables consistent high volume laser manufacturing, with a "package, splice, and test" design. The components are put in hermetic packaging. The fibers are spliced together. And the laser is tested.
The FCD488 is available in two versions: a free space and a fiber-delivered version with the same characteristics and reliability as the free space laser.
- Compact - optics and electronics integrated in one housing
- Low heat load - no heat sink required
- Good efficiency - requires only small 5 V power supply
- Fiber-based architecture - enables fiber-delivered version
- High reliability - due to telecom-style packaging technology
- Semiconductor instrumentation
- General instrumentation