Bi-convex lenses are manufactured with an identical convex surface on both sides of the lens.
- Bi-convex lenses have positive focal lengths and form both real and virtual images.
- Aberrations such as coma, distortion, and chromatic aberration almost exactly cancel out at unit conjugate ratios due to the symmetry. Aberrations will increase as conjugate ratios depart from unity.
- Recommended for virtual imaging of real objects, and for positive conjugate ratios from approximately 0.2 to 5. Values are wavelength sensitive.
- Antireflection coatings can be ordered as an option.
- We also provide precision grade bi-convex lens with tighter manufacturing tolerances.