From telecommunications to robotics to medicine to information processing, Master Bond has solutions to your photonic application needs. We offer the widest selection of epoxies, silicones, polyurethanes, cyanoacrylates and UV cures. Our products are designed to increase productivity, improve product performance, and save energy as well as time.
Specific Master Bond grades offer:
- High optical clarity - excellent light transmission characteristics
- Superior durability
- Outstanding adhesion to similar and dissimilar substrates
- NASA low outgassing approval
- Electrical and thermal conductivity
- Easy removability
- Low stress properties
- Exceptional chemical and water resistance
- High temperature and low temperature/cryogenic serviceability
- Withstand exposure to vibration, impact and shock
- Abrasion resistance
Products by Type
- One Part Epoxy Systems
- Two Part Epoxy Systems
- One Part Silicone Systems
- Two Part Silicone Systems
- Films & Preforms
- Polyurethane Systems
- UV Curable Systems
- Cyanoacrylate Adhesives
Most Popular Products
Master Bond's most popular products are given in the table below.
||High temperature, two part optically clear adhesive, sealant and coating. Bonds well to glass with a service temp of -60ºF to 400ºF. Exhibits excellent chemical resistance to acids and bases. Refractive index of 1.56. Superior dimensional stability and low shrinkage upon cure.
||UV curable, low viscosity/high temperature adhesive with enhanced mechanical properties if post cured. Refractive index of 1.517. Easily polished. 100% reactive/contains no solvents.
||UV curable, one part system bonds well to glass, and possesses excellent non yellowing properties as well as excellent resistance to 85%RH/85ºC for 1000 hrs without degradation.
Master Bond has the products and expertise you need. We solve problems and specialize in photonic applications. Our line of products includes one and two component epoxies, silicones, and polyurethanes, as well as one component UV curable compounds. For rapid, room temperature curing applications we offer single part cyanoacrylates. Some outstanding features of our photonic systems are excellent light transmission characteristics and superior non-yellowing properties; along with a range of systems where the index of refraction ranges from a relatively low 1.43 up to 1.61. All Master Bond products have been carefully processed to exclude such potentially objectionable contaminants as chlorine and other halogens as well as sodium and related elements.
Our formulations are available for use in small to large quantities and are freshly prepared to ensure maximum shelf life. Particularly noteworthy are grades that offer exceptional water resistance, NASA low outgassing approval, high thermal stability and low stress properties. Additionally special compounds have low temperature/cryogenic serviceability, superior thermal conductivity and are able to withstand exposure to vibration, impact and shock.,
Master Bond works closely with both material suppliers and research institutes to utilize the most advanced polymeric materials. We offer innovative solutions and have developed many unique compounds to enhance performance properties and processing requirements. Of particular notice is Master Bond EP30-3, a two component epoxy with superior chemical resistance, optical clarity and serviceability up to 400°F. Another remarkably unique compound is Master Bond EP37-3FLF. It has very high flexibility, low viscosity, optical clarity and cures at room temperature. One component UV14-3 provides fast cures at ambient temperatures upon UV light exposure and is easily removable by conventional solvents. It also possesses a very low index of refraction of 1.450. Master Bond UV18S has superb resistance to acids, bases and solvents and substantially less shrinkage upon cure than conventional UV cure systems. Water vapor permeability is also excellent.
Master Bond Products are used in a Wide Range of Photonics Applications
- Fiber optic device sealing
- Protection of sensitive optical assemblies
- For the alignment, bonding and inline testing of couplers
- Optical Potting
- High-energy laser applications throughout the visible and near-infrared regions
- Planar waveguides
- Bonding of thin film light emitting diodes (LEDS)
- Polarizing beam splitter cubes
- Splicing between source/detector and wave guide
- Photoemissive camera tubes
- Integrated optical circuit (IOC) elements
- Fibre Bragg Gratings (FBGs)
- Connection of photonic device to chip sub assembly (CSA)
- For the alignment, bonding and inline testing of Tx/Rx package
- Attaching rotated photonic devices to an optical sub-assembly
- Optical communication devices
- Bonding fiber optic bundles and gratings, as well as fibers inside connector ferrules
- Potting glass fibers
- Fixturing fiber optic couplings
- Termination of single or multichannel fiber optic connectors (fiber optic termination)
- For the alignment, bonding and inline testing of fiber collimators
- Potting fiber optic connectors for polishing
- Casting of high performance optical components
- For the alignment, bonding and inline testing of filters
- Lens and prism assemblies
- Assembly lines utilizing fiber optic machinery
- Semi conductor packaging and assembly
- Pig tailing- (the attachment of an input or output fiber)
- Bonding of fiber optic magnetometers
- Fiber optic cable assembly or termination
- Laser diodes
- Barcode Scanners
- Remote control devices
- CD/DVD readers
- Optical fiber communications
- Optical converters
- Photonic gyroscopes
- IR sensors
- Laminating fiber optic couplings
- Endoscope manufacture and repair
- LED die attach and encapsulants
- LCD glass laminations
- Wafer bonding of CSP (Chip Scale Packaging)
- For use with MEM die attach
- Flip Chip Underfill
- Down-hole petrochemical fiber optic sensors
- Assembly of high speed MT (Mount) connectors
- Perimeter seal of OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode)
- CCD (Charged Coupled Device) and CMOS (Complimentary Metal Oxide
- Semiconductor) Lid Sealing
- Void filling in fiber optic cables
- Cryogenic Fiber Optic Temperature Sensors
- Piezoelectric micro valve
- Eliminating cracking of the glass core in multi-mode constructed optical fibers.
- In V-Groove Array assemblies
- Die attach to ITO
- Floated chip photonic devices (OMRs)
- Optical Monitoring Resonators
- Integrated photonic circuits
- Multistage dispersion compensators and delay lines
- Electro-Optic modulators
- Semiconductor Laser diodes
- Low-Loss optical fibers
- Semiconductor laser optical amplifiers
- Fiber optic sensors – hydrophone (pressure), magnetometer (magnetic field), position sensor (displacement), pressure sensor, vibration sensor (acceleration), flow sensor, liquid-level sensor, ollution monitor, and pH sensor.
- Amplitude modulation sensors
Packaged the Way You Need It
Master Bond offers a wide array of packaging options meant to speed productivity, minimize waste and save energy.
- Quantities from grams to gallons
- Cans, bottles and jars
- Cartridges for manual and pneumatic guns
- Premixed and frozen syringes
- Bipaks for field service kits
Epoxy and UV Cure Systems for Optical, Electro-Optical, Fiber Optic, and Laser Products By Master Bond
The Master Bond product line includes both one and two component epoxy resin compounds and one component UV curable compositions. The epoxy resin compounds are all specially formulated to maximize resistance to liquid water, water vapor and other adverse environments. Some of the outstanding features of the optical systems offered by Master Bond are excellent light transmission characteristics, superior non-yellowing properties along with a wide range of systems where the index of refraction ranges from a relatively low 1.43 up to 1.61. It should be noted that the ultraviolet compositions cure tack free in the presence of air. All Master Bond products have been carefully processed to exclude such potentially objectionable contaminants as chlorine and other halogens as well as sodium and related elements. They provide innovative solutions to the many processing problems of these industries and virtually eliminate quality control difficulties caused by corrosion and other environmentally induced conditions.
Typical applications range from bonding and potting fiber-optic cables, connectors and terminations, and upgrading the vibration and shock resistance of electro-optic assemblies. Other applications include cementing and coating optical parts, potting LED devices, optical replications, bonding ferrules and connectors, and coating or encapsulating a wide variety of electro-optic and laser components.
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by Master Bond Inc.
For more information on this source, please visit Master Bond Inc.