Lumenera’s Lt16059H is a 16 MP high-performance USB 3.0 camera which is fitted with a KAI-16070 35 mm format CCD image sensor from ON Semiconductor (Truesense).
With 7.4 µm pixel size, this camera is perfect for applications where high resolution and high dynamic range are required.
The Lt16059H exceeds the competition with an impressive frame rate of 12 fps at full resolution over USB 3.0. Lumenera's unique "Dual-Gain High Dynamic Range" (HDR) implementation is a rare feature that outputs the same high-resolution frame processed via two different gain amplifiers.
Award Winning HDR Implementation
Lumenera’s creative HDR implementation creates a crisp merged image without any ghosting effects, which makes it suitable for applications where imaging high speed objects, such as ITS, is needed.
The company’s unique HDR design takes a single captured frame off the sensor at full resolution, and feeds it via two different amplifiers to develop a merged HDR image without causing image blur. Lumenera won a VSD Innovators Award for dual-gain HDR implementation.
Powerful and Reliable USB 3.0
The Lt16059H benefits from Lumenera's well-established USB 3.0 technology.
Full streaming uncompressed video and still image captures are easily controlled through a set of stable and dependable USB 3.0 device drivers. Region of interest and binning modes enable the camera to operate at faster frame rates while only providing the image data user’s need. Users can achieve image capture synchronization using either a software or hardware trigger.
Built for Reliability and Ease of Integration
The Lt16059H’s robust enclosure is designed to effectively dissipate heat and increase reliability when coupled with a heat sink. The fully locking USB 3.0 cabling, digital interface, and power connector ensure a simple plug-and-play installation. A frame grabber is not required. Simplified I/O cabling is provided through a 12-pin GPIO connector supporting two output, two input and two software configurable I/O ports.
FPGA-enabled performance, complemented by 256 MB of onboard memory for frame buffering, guarantee reliable and dependable image delivery even in the most challenging machine vision systems. The Lt16059H buffer technology delivers all frames at full speed and maximum resolution without causing latency.
Download the Brochure for More Information
- Canon EF lens mount with fully integrated controller for auto focus/iris supported by Lumenera’s API, increases flexibility and accuracy for remote applications
- High quality ON Semiconductor KAI-16070 CCD sensor provides superior dynamic range, low smear and outstanding color reproduction
- Quad tap design for quickest possible frame rates
- Fanless body, small footprint and lower power requirements
- Locking industrial USB 3.0 connector
- Locking GPIO connector supporting two output, two input and two software configurable I/O ports and power, allowing external control of peripherals and synchronization of lighting
- Zero loss 256 MB RAM frame buffer for reliable image delivery in challenging situations
- Simplified cabling - video, and full camera control over a single USB cable
- Binning enhances sensitivity and Region of Interest (ROI) provides higher frame rates