All of Optical
Surfaces' collimators are constructed in thick-walled aluminium tube, in
blue or white as standard, with matt black internal walls. The optics are made
from zero-expansion glass ceramic to ensure stability over a wide range of temperatures,
are secured by stress-free mounts and aligned in our laboratory. To facilitate
ease of use each of the collimator's feet are adjustable by +/-10mm for centre
- The combined optical performance is better than lambda/5 p-v at 633nm wavefront
in the field centre.
- Achromatic performance can be used at any wavelength from infra-red through
the visible into ultra-violet.
- An output port is provided giving a measured distance to the focal plane
of each collimator. Output ports with custom-designed holes and platforms
are available on request.
- Invar tied optics where necessary to stabilize focal plane.
- Field 20mm to cover standard black bodies. Larger sizes on request.
- Collimators are supplied with interferograms and analysis showing wavefront
accuracy, and measured data includes focal length and distance.
- Unless specifically requested all standard models are coated with Al+MgF2.