The PLANACON photon detector, available from PHOTONIS, is a square-shaped detector that allows many detectors to be tiled to form a larger image. The detector is based on a microchannel plate design to provide higher resolution across several applications.
The PLANACON photon detector is suitable for a number of photon detection applications where larger images are required. It is offered in three versions: a 25 µm pore 8x8 array, 25 µm pore 32x32 array and 10 µm pore 8x8 array.
The key features of the PLANACON photon detector are:
- Unique square shape
- Features microchannel plate based design
- Provides superior protection to magnetic fields to B>2 Tesla
- Multitude of application-specific read-out configurations
The applications of the PLANACON photon detector are:
- Ring Imaging Cherenkov detector
- Specialized medical imaging
- High energy physics detectors
- LIDAR/LADAR systems