The 6-axis miniature optics alignment system/hexapod has a parallel-kinematic design with six degrees of freedom making it significantly more stiff and compact when compared to serial-kinematic systems, has a higher dynamic range and no moved cables meaning improved reliability and reduced friction. Vacuum-compatible version to 10-6 hPa is available.
The alignment system has a direct drive with brushless DC motors (BLDC) and long-life ball screws with high precision, velocity and lifetime. The alignment system also has a powerful digital controller, open software architecture and is user-defined, has a stable pivot point and is software-selectable. The positions commanded are in Cartesian coordinates. The system can be macro programmed, has an open source LabVIEW driver set, has a workspace simulation software Virtual Hexapod machine software. Collision avoidance software (external obstacles) is optional. H-811.xx1 includes C-887.11, 6D vector motion controller plus 2 additional servo axes.
The other options are:
- Analog interfaces/photometer cards for visible light (F-206.VVU) or the infrared light range (F-206.iiU)
- F-206.NCU fast piezo nano-alignment system for alignment with nanometer precision
- H-811.xx2 includes C-887.21 compact 6D vector motion controller
Fields of application
The 6-axis miniature optics alignment system/hexapod can be used in applications such as research and industry, standard and vacuum environments. For micromanipulation, it can be used in laser and optics alignment, biotechnology and tool control.
The applications of the 6-axis miniature optics alignment system are:
- Smallest Hexapod with vacuum option
- Travel ranges to 34 mm / 42°
- Load capacity to 5 kg
- Actuator resolution 40 nm
- Minimum incremental motion to 0.2 µm
- Repeatability to ±0.1 µm
- Includes integrated scan algorithms for fiber optic alignment
- Velocity to 10 mm/s
- Vacuum-compatible version available
- Sophisticated controller using vector algorithms, virtual pivot point
- Extensive software support