The M-660 is one of the lowest profile rotary tables in the market, and is complemented by a high-performance model offering over 88 times the position resolution of the present version.
The velocity of the M-660 stage can increase to 720 degrees/sec. and positions can be resolved down to 4 µrad (8 arcsec). Its self-clamping ceramic drive offers superior stability, with no energy consumption at rest and no heat generation. A directly coupled precision optical encoder enables phase lag-free, backlash-free feedback to the servo controller.
The compact design with reduced inertia and mass offers high-precision bi-directional position and speed control as also high speed motion contouring. The M-660 is based on the new U-164 Piezo Motor and surpasses the stability, acceleration and settling speed of traditional servo motor direct drives and gear-driven mechanisms. The innovative motor drive was also selected by Leica Geosystems AG’s in their latest generation of surveying instruments for geodesy, since it can provide significantly higher speeds, shorter positioning times and an extremely high positioning accuracy when moving the measuring optics.
Controller / Software Support
A novel piezo motor controller can leverage from the specific motion characteristics of ultrasonic ceramic motors. A solid software and driver package and USB interfacing for seamless integration are included.
Applications, Features & Advantages
The applications, features and advantages of the M-660 stage are listed below:
- The applications of the M-660 are semiconductor/ test equipment, metrology and optical instrumentation
- Very low profile - easy integration: only 15 mm (0.6”)
- 4 µrad resolution
- Direct metrology linear encoder
- Max. Velocity 720 °/s, unlimited travel range
- Self-locking ceramic direct drive: energy saving & high position stability
- Piline drive: non-magnetic, vacuum-compatible working principle
- Compact combinations with linear stages available