The OpticAlignment is a computer-controlled, motorized alignment system that maximizes the X‑ray flux from VariMax optics. Small Picomotor™ actuators adjust the micrometers on the VariMax optic to maximize the X-ray flux measured by a PIN diode meter through a pinhole at the sample position. Never again wonder if you have the most intense beam possible from your Rigaku generator and VariMax optics. Any time you change a filament, polish the anode, or simply want to verify that you have the best possible X-ray beam, start up OpticAlignment. With the click of the mouse, within minutes the X-ray flux at the crystal position is maximized.
Safe and Easy
No need to optimize beam intensity manually since OpticAlignment will do it for you with the click of a button.
Computer-controlled actuators accurately and reproducibly maximize the flux at your sample, ensuring that you always get the most out of your Rigaku X-ray source.
More sensitive than an analog meter or ionization chamber
Digital flux readings enable the high precision actuators to adjust the beam position more precisely than a person could by hand with an analog meter, ensuring that you always have the maximum flux possible hitting your samples.
- Be confident that your X-ray beam has the maximum possible intensity on your crystals.
- No need for direct beam shots after filament changes, since the collimator is not moved during optimization.
- Easily maximize intensity after a filament change or any anode work.
- Quickly confirm that bumping or changing the collimator does not change the flux.
- No need to wait for a trained service expert to optimize the intensity of your system.
- No chance of accidental X-ray exposure since you are never near the optic when the shutter is open.