The Thermo Scientific ARL 9900 series of X-Ray spectrometers are the most powerful and adaptable series for process control.
The unique method enables the integration of X-Ray diffraction (XRD) and X-Ray fluorescence (XRF), two distinct X-Ray techniques, into a single device. These provide an explanation for its adaptability. Due to its ability to replace two different instruments, the ARL 9900 is a very potent tool.
The ARL 9900 offers precise and quick solid sample analysis of different types and can identify up to 83 elements. Along with a modular design, it includes a wide range of choices that enables it to be appropriate for any specific process control application.
Its installation requirements are rather straightforward; thus, most industrial environments can accommodate them. The ARL 9900 is easy to operate due to its high level of digital control and automation.
The ARL 9900 IntelliPower’s standout characteristics are as follows:
- The combination of two X-Ray technologies together in one instrument brings convenience, productivity, and versatility.
- It has the ability to detect and analyze as many as 83 elements from ppm levels to 100%, depending on the configuration.
- The instrument is able to adapt to changing analytical requirements as it is easily upgradable.
- Online process control is possible as it can be linked to automatic sample preparation machines.
- These instruments are successors to the highly successful and proven ARL 9800 range.
- Adjustable to the demands of the application, there is a choice of generator power: 1200 W, 2500 W, or 4200 W.
- Without requiring external water cooling, the technology of IntelliPower enables operation at 1200 W and 2500 W.
- The instrument can be specified in order to suit the application’s specific requirements, courtesy of its modular construction.
- Contains unique WDXRF fixed channel and sequential capabilities, like quantitative XRD analysis for all analytical needs.
- A sample introduction system is included, which is fast, easy, and extremely reliable.
ARL 9900 IntelliPower Applications
Applications for the ARL 9900 series include:
- Mining: minerals, beach sands, ores, and limestone
- Refractories and others
- Metals: magnesium, titanium, sinters, slags, aluminum, iron, copper, steel, and their alloys
The ARL 9900 has a wide range of element detection capabilities. The instrument’s modular construction allows for precise customization to the intended use. The instrument can be set up using the following:
- Programmable goniometers that can measure up to three different components (standard-less and quantitative analysis). By scanning the X-Ray spectra, these can also identify the elements contained in a specific sample (semi-quantitative and quantitative analysis)
- The compact integrated X-Ray diffraction equipment is used for phase analysis in process control
- 32 fixed monochromators are available for speed analysis