The most capable and most adaptable X-Ray spectrometers for process control ever made are those from the Thermo Scientific ARL 9900 IntelliPower series. The company's proprietary technology, which enables the integration of two X-Ray techniques — X-Ray fluorescence (XRF) and X-Ray diffraction (XRD) — into a single instrument, is the key to its adaptability.
Due to the ARL 9900’s ability to replace two other instruments, it is incredibly strong. It enables the rapid and precise examination of many types of solid samples. Up to 83 items can be detected by the ARL 9900.
The ARL 9900 can be customized to fit any specific process control application due to its modular design and a large variety of choices. The majority of industrial settings can readily satisfy the installation requirements because they are simple. The ARL 9900 is easy to operate since it has digital control and a high level of automation.
The ARL 9900 IntelliPower series’ standout characteristics include:
- Can be linked to automatic sample preparation machines for on-line process control.
- Successor instruments to the proven and highly successful ARL 9800 range.
- Modular construction allowing the instrument to be specified to suit the particular requirements of the application.
- Unique WDXRF sequential and fixed channel capabilities such as quantitative XRD analysis for any analytical needs.
- Quick, simple and highly reliable sample introduction system.
- Choice of generator power according to the application demands: 1200 W, 2500 W, 3600 W or 4200 W.
- The IntelliPower technology is able to operate at 1200 W and 2500 W without the need for external water cooling.
- Versatility, convenience and productivity brought by the combination of two X-Ray technologies in one instrument.
- Depending on the configuration, up to 83 elements from ppm levels to 100% can be detected.
- Easily upgraded to handle evolving analytical requirements.
ARL 9900 IntelliPower Applications
The following are some uses for the ARL 9900 series:
- Metals: aluminum, iron, steel, copper and heir alloys, magnesium, sinters, slags, titanium
- Mining: limestone, beach sands, minerals, ores
- Refractories and others
The ARL 9900 is capable of detecting several different elements. Due to its modular construction, the instrument can be precisely customized for the desired function. The instrument can be set up to include:
- Programmable goniometers that can measure up to three different components (quantitative and standard-less analysis) or examine the X-Ray spectra to find components in a specific sample (qualitative and semi-quantitative analysis)
- Process control using a small, integrated X-Ray diffraction device for phase analysis
- Up to 32 fixed monochromators for fast analysis