Tip Biosystems offer Photopette®, a one-of-a-kind spectrophotometer. With an innovative optical system, disposable measurement tip (CuveTip™), and seamless integration with cloud, web and mobile systems, this device can provide photometric measurement of liquid samples at ultra-fast speeds.
The Photopette device is both hand-held and portable, providing unique convenience and flexibility to users who may wish to apply photometric analysis outside of traditional lab environments. Its wireless connectivity with smart phones or tablets, as well as up-to-date applications like Geo-Tagging, Time Stamp, Notes and Photo, reduce workflow by aiding simple collection, analysis and sharing of data in real-time.
Photometric measurements can be taken simply and safely using Photopette, which only requires a small sample volume to attain highly precise measurements and is easy to use without prior training. All Photopette devices use Tip Biosystem’s CuveTip™, which acts as both a sample holder and a light-reflecting system to reduce the risk of sample loss or contamination.
Cell culture (mammalian, yeast or bacteria), enzymatic assays and protein quantification are just a few of the applications that are ideal for Photopette. Currently, there are three different Photopette® models available to suit a variety of research applications:
Photopette® – Cell System
Ideal for uses in cell biology, The Photopette® Cell System enables photometric measurements for 600 nm, 570 nm and 340 nm wavelengths without the need for sample transfer into a cuvette.
Photopette® – Custom
The Photopette® Custom provides photometric measurements for custom specified visible wavelengths. Users can customize their own Photopette® to include up to 3 wavelengths of choice between 250 nm and 1050 nm.
Photopette® – OEM
The Photopette® OEM is designed for specific user needs and requirements, thus encompassing the flexibility of this system. With this device, any photometric application can be accomplished.
- Innovative optical system
- Photometric range: 0.000 AU - 3.000 AU
- Hand-held and portable smart device
- Disposable CuveTip
- Rapid measurement speed (> 2 seconds per wavelength)
- Wavelength accuracy: +/- 2 nm
- Measurement precision of better than +/- 0.020 AU
- 25,000 measurements per single charge
- Light-weight (160 g)
- No cross contamination or sample transfer steps
- No large sample volumes required (150 mL)
- Highly affordable price
- Simple to use - no training required
- Advanced software applications
- Ideal for use in life-sciences, environmental surveillance, food & beverages and chemical industries.
Handheld Spectrophotometer - Photopette from Tip Biosystems
Photopette® – Cell System