The QuickCure™ QC250 UV curing board was developed by Marktech for the Machine Designer who has the task of upgrading traditional UV bulb-curing systems to a more reliable UV-LED system. The QC250 curing board has an array of 100 high power UV LEDs configured into a 1” x 1” board space and generates upwards of 19.2 W/ cm2 at the ink curing surface.
The QC250 curing board and controllers allow for fast conversion to LED technology where the advantages for curing inks, adhesives and coatings can be instantly realized. This high reliability, multi-function board system offers a designer flexibility to keep their skill in machine design and cooling in house, a combination that creates a much faster, customizable and more economical solution for their customer base.
Benefits of UV LEDs in Curing
The future of UV curing involves the usage of LEDs. Some of the key advantages of UV LED generated light are listed below:
- Utilizes much less power than conventional light fixtures
- Targeted wavelength for precise curing applications
- Instant on/off without any detrimental impact on the life and radiance of the UV LED
- Mercury-free, no ozone production
- One sided light, no need for reflectors or shutters on the backside of the light
- Long lifetimes even at high irradiance
- Heat directed away from target